585,727 active members*
3,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Router D-code

Does anyone have one of these CNC Router 3040 4 axis Controllers (CNCest Brand) If so, Do you know how to program the D-code on the controller box pad. That is if it can be programmed. I just watched a video on YouTube about programming a different style of controller using their P-code. It got me thinking maybe my controller could be programmed also, it shows a D-code I believe. The instructions that came with the CNC Router is minimal at its best, with no information on, or if the controller could be programmed.

Thank You

Dan

Re: CNC Router D-code

I've never heard of D-code, or P-code, for that matter. That's not to say it might not exist, but if so, it's rare. Most the code that runs CNC machines is called "G-code". You can write it by hand for simple projects, but it's a lot easier to feed your models or drawings to a CAM program and let it do that. I don't think that control box has a keypad capable of writing code (of any type). The buttons on it will move the axes, or start and stop the spindle; that's about it. Your programs are written elsewhere, and loaded using the control software that came (or should have come) with the machine.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I am not talking about the g-code used to run a job. Maybe D-code and P-code is a bad choice of words. In the video it was a different controller, so in the touch pad readout it showed a "P" with zeros after it. (P000) On my touch pad on the front of my controller it shows on the read out a "D" with zeros after it. (D000) That why I called it D and P code. In the video it showed that by changing the zero to numbers it change the controller functions from auto, manual and setup the spindle to communicate with the Mach 3 software so the software can control the spindle. As of now the only way I can control the speed of the spindle is the knob on the controller. If i switch to the computer mode, the spindle only goes full speed and no control. Being the controller in the video is different than mine, their information does not apply to my controller settings. I know you can change the values on the touch pad on my controller, but I don't know what it means, or how id effects the CNC spindle function. I though maybe someone had the same controller that understands what the value changes are and use them properly. I sort of figured, if the touch pad had not function, then they would not have put it on there, they would have just put a knob by it self.

After doing a little checking, I think what I am trying to say is I need to find out how to set the codes in the my VFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    After doing a little checking, I think what I am trying to say is I need to find out how to set the codes in the my VFD.
    Search for the manufactures instruction manual online. Do not use someone else’s settings unless you know you have the same vfd. There are several out there and look very similar which makes this tough. There should have been a small book that came with you vfd that lists which each setting is for and a suggested default value for that setting. If your spindle is running properly without messing with these settings I would not suggest to change them unless you know what you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The booklet that came with the CNC Engraver/Router has nothing in it for setting the VFD. It would be nice to have the G-code control the spindle speed or adjust it in Mach 3. Also would like to see if the manufacture settings are correct and conform to Mach 3.

You need to tell us what brand and model the VFD is, how it's wired to your breakout board, and the model of the breakout board. Pictures would help, if it's a no name chinese breakout board.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The name on the CNC is "CNCEST" Here is a pic for a start, I have to open the box to get the rest of them.

Thank You

Dan

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010003.JPG  

I don’t know if you made any progress but I found this information of the VFD settings

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...8&d=1542999945

Quote Originally Posted by bzytaz13 View Post
    I don’t know if you made any progress but I found this information of the VFD settings

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/attac...8&d=1542999945

Thank You!!!

Dan

Thank You!!!!

Dan