585,729 active members*
4,928 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile AICC HPCC Help

Hi all,

First for all, I'm sorry for my english, I'm French...
    Second, in my workshop, we've more than 35 high speed machinig center which works with Fanuc, so uses AICC and HPCC. What we want to try is to tune machines parameter. But the documentation I have is a little short in content. It explain globaly... I've siemens840D and NUM 1060 controllers and it's easylier.
    So, can you help me please to understand how Fanuc works, if you've some documentation or else to use better this pwerful controller.
    Thanks a lot,

You can visit my workshop on:
    www.figeac-aero.com

Frenchy,

Congradulations on your countries recent election of a new president. I hope this means a new direction for your country, less socializm and more sanity...

Concerning your interest in "tuning" your CNC machines:
    "I would recommend, working closely with your CNC machine builder on this as they should have the expertise to do this"
    There is a lot that can go wrong when changing parameters for servo tuning.
    You don't want unintended consequences that can really ruin your day.

I can tell you this, that without using AICC or HPCC your Fanuc control cannot feed accuratly at high feed rates. This is a fact.

Good luck,
    Scott_bob

Thank you,

Don't worry, we don't want to do anything with this parameters. We've already done it on our NUM and Siemens machines. A lot of guys in my service are former(ancient) of the machine tool, so that's why I demand if somebody have more documentations about this or somes test results...
    Our 5 axis machines (Matsuura MAM72-63V) are originaly designed for mold working, so we works on aerospace parts so accuracy and speed are not the same. The manufacturer is OK to help us but they do not want to make a commitment on results. They we shall thus help with the standard documentation. We are obliged to make it ourself.
    Thank you again.

In a Fanuc sytem 18 there is a page in the controler where you can tune the AICC or HPCC. You set min values and max valuses and then you can use the "R1 to R10" in the program to set how fast yoy will go.
    Example G05.1 Q1 R10 for finest or G05.1 Q1 R1 for fastest.
    If you are using HPCC you change to G05 P10000 R10

In the parameter side for tuning ou can also push the "Init" button and the controler will suggest the correct value.