584,808 active members*
5,216 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > Canadian Club House > General I-Carver CNC machine & cut2DPro - exporting issue

General I-Carver CNC machine & cut2DPro - exporting issue

General I-Carver CNC machine & cut2DPro - exporting?

I am trying to move from Cut2DPro to the General i-carver CNC machine. I tried using a NC file and the results were not as expected. Which export extension should I use?

Re: General I-Carver CNC machine & cut2DPro - exporting issue

Is this question unclear? I am thinking so if after 70+ views there is no reply. Please let me know.

I’m not sure what processor you would have to use I have one of the first generation and had to contact Iconic Cnc about getting it working they sent me version 1 software that could not be found on the web. Have you tried the convert Cnc option on generals software?

Great job here on _______ I read a lot of blog posts, but I never heard a topic like this. I Love this topic you made about the blogger's bucket list. Very resourceful. https://topjoggingessentials.com/running-briefs-women/

Maybe this answer will help you....found in another forum: Try opening a .gee file using notepad and take a look. They may be g-code files just using the .gee extension. If so note the first few and last few lines (the setup and shutdown lines). You will need to make sure your g-code files use these same instructions. After that you may need to just rename your g-code files to match. All g-code is plain text files, no matter the extension.

I know how you feel! I have a General Carver 40-913. I use Aspire. When I save as a .NC, the carver works but the speeds are not responding correctly. There is a "Mythical" post processing file available somewhere on this planet but I can't seem to find it nowhere. I reaserched and all info (dated 2015 and earlier) say to go to General CNC website and download the Post processing file from there. Problem is that website doesn't exist anymore...

I found this site with a post processing file from General. https://mecsoft.com/downloadposts/

I have also found this Youtube tutorial on how to install it.

I have yet to install and try this. Hopefully it will work. If someone has the "Mythical File' please share!!

Cheers!

I have Ipicture 1.2 that works for me for the older machine but i can't paste it here for some reason.

We are using Artcam and I Picture with ours The software came with the machine when we bought it used.

I have a copy of general i-carver post processor files that came with Artcam software. I can't load upload them here because the file extensions dont match up with the allowable ones