584,833 active members*
5,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Kuka robot servo drive wiring

Kuka robot servo drive wiring

Does anyone know what the nomenclature is for Kuka servo drive wiring and where I can find connector hookup schematics? I'm trying to plan a project utilizing a large IR761/150 Kuka robot arm to be used manually to unload a laser cutter table using a joystick, game controller or custom prosthetic device that mimics my arm movements. The robot is complete with a controller and nothing seems to be missing but I don't see how to use the obsolete original computer and robot language to accomplish my goal. The Kuka terminal labels are in the pictures enclosed but I can't find any literature, websites, diagrams, etc relating what they mean. I am guessing they are servo enable and interlock circuits and/or encoder/resolver feedback and such but I need to know for sure. I'm also not sure whether they are using encoders or resolvers or what for feedback. The 16 pin ribbon connectors going from the upper modules to the drives are labeled as axes but there is no pin-out diagram that I can find. I'm assuming they are for the +/- 10v driver signal, axis enable, and/or what else? Without a hookup diagram how do I figure out what the connections are?
    I removed the end caps on a couple of the servo motors on the robots and there seemed to be something missing from the end of the geared shafts and there is a 6 wire connector inside the motor end that is not connected to anything. Could it be for tuning/alignment/calibration purposes perhaps or a missing component such as an encoder or resolver?
    I'm thinking that the Dynomotion Kflop/Kanalog combination could be made to run these arms with the aforementioned game controller, joy stick or custom made arm appliance. Any thoughts or advice on any of this?

Thanks.
    Marc

Re: Kuka robot servo drive wiring

Marc,
    You might try this forum;

https://www.robot-forum.com/robotforum/

I used to program an ABB robot used as a CNC for carving. Whenever I hit a snag, I'd post to this forum and got answers from a raft of people. There are sections that cover most industrial robot mfg. Someone there may be able to give you some direction.

Marv