584,802 active members*
4,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Hard Drive loss on my NM200

Hard Drive loss on my NM200

I use the hell out of my NM200, works great for what i use it for. Recently my harddrive crashed hard and while I have backups for most of what ive lost my OS and Configs are all lost.

Can anyone help me out here? Its an early #00031 and 6 axis. We just got the VFD 3hp system running as well but im not really up on a fresh setup

Im just getting started on this, I called Novakon but there was no one answering when i rang.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrystagmer View Post
    I use the hell out of my NM200, works great for what i use it for. Recently my harddrive crashed hard and while I have backups for most of what ive lost my OS and Configs are all lost.

Can anyone help me out here? Its an early #00031 and 6 axis. We just got the VFD 3hp system running as well but im not really up on a fresh setup

Im just getting started on this, I called Novakon but there was no one answering when i rang.
    You can also submit a query at [email protected] and they can assist you with your problem.

Re: Hard Drive loss on my NM200

Sorry I can't help with the HDD, but 3hp setup? I checked your profile to see if there was a thread or post about it. Do you have more info about this setup?
    Don't have to be too bright to be me

The first thing I did when I received my torus pro was to clone the HDD. With that clone, I was able to experiment and upgrade to Win 10 x64, knowing i could revert back to the original config if I ran into problems. My machine came with the original win 7 install cd with the product code on it, I assume yours didn’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought this machine recently used. It had a few problems with some burnt wiring and a blown gecko drive but i have that sorted out now.

I have a basic assembly book for the 3hp drive (they never finished the install but we did) but nothing else. The 2 A axis rotary tables had never even been hooked up.

I have a clone drive for each of my other machines but not this one, and yes i feel stupid

My NM200 is serial 200013. While it's now on PathPilot, I retained the CD100 control box to power the card with the Geckos and Bob, and hence it still runs Mach3 although that does nothing. I have one A drive. The original interface was parallel port.

Attached is my config file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks! Do you have the numbers for the motor and the VFD used? Was the motor a bolt on or did it require modifications?

Spindle motor and VFD were as delivered from Novakon. I'll check later and post model numbers.

Okay. Thanks. Mine only has a 2hp motor on it.

Label on Motor:

anhui wannan electric machine co., ltd

Type YVF2-90L-4
    1.5 kW 6.4A 60Hz
    Cont. Torque. 0-60Hz
    Cont. Output 60-140Hz

So it's a 2HP/1.5kW motor

VFD is inclosed so I can't easily get any info on it

ah...ok. Thanks. Just the standard setup. I was thinking/hoping you had something special. Having a bit more HP would be nice! lol Thanks for looking into it!!!

I have an early machine that I am selling (nov 2009) and if you like, i can copy/email you the config files for mach3 from it.

Mark Z, Denver