Hello,

I have a Journeyman Tree 325 CNC Mill which I converted over to the Dynomotion Klop / Kanalog / KMotionCNC controller to replace the Delta 20CNC controller. (Link to Dynomotion http://dynomotion.com/)

Here is a link to some Pictures of the machine as I purchased it.

I purchased this machine with controller issues. The monitor would not come on and had Z-axis servo controller issues I was told.

It was a project to teach myself how to retrofit this servo CNC with a newer controller, so I can fix and customize it anyway I wanted and the Dynomotion controller is a Professional System-Level Control for CNC Manufacturing which offers the ability to customize your machine to what ever you want. The big plus with this controller system is the support behind all the products sold by Dynomotion.

For someone like me, this was a huge learning curve for this retrofit and it was absolutely essential that I had great support in the controller I purchased to retrofit this machine.
So, after a year I finally got this machine running on this controller; however, now I need to work on some of the mechanical issues of the machine.

The first thing I needed to address is the oiling system of this machine. It was designed with Showa Oil lubrication system. I had to take this system apart and clean it up as the internal components were very dirty. I also replace the plastic lines going up the Z-axis manifold and cleaned out the line going to the X &Y axis manifold. I also replaced all the metering valves in each manifold with the suggest Tree Schematic manual sizes.

Tree 325 Schematic Manual for Meter Valves can be seen here … Page 11
LINK: Existing Machine Schematics

So, now I can see the Showa Oil lubrication system is functioning as designed and oil is definitely getting to the Z-axis Quill/Ball-Screw and the X-axis ways/ball-screw as I can see the oil oozing from the way/quill. However, I think that the Y-axis is not getting enough oil to the ways and ball-screw.

So, I would like to take off the X-axis table off to ensure the copper oil lines under it feeding the Y-axis ways and ball-screws are not broken or clogged. From what I can tell, this would be the only way I think I can get at these components to see what is going on.

Sorry for the long intro …………….

Here are my questions:

1.) Does anybody have any information on the procedure to removal the X-axis ball-screw and table?

2.) Can someone offer some tips and tricks to ensure that I do not accidentally damage anything?

3.) Can someone offer any tips and/or tricks to ensure I get my X-axis gibbs back into the correct position and adjusted correctly on the install of the X-axis table?

4.) Any information on this process would be great and it certainly does not to be specific to the Journeyman Tree 325.

Thanks ..........

J325 Quick Links:

Machine
Existing Machine Schematics
Electronic Cabinet-Right Side
Electronic Cabinet-Back SIde
Existing Drive Board SD1525-10
J325 Servo Drive-SD1525 Manual
3-Phase Rotary Convert Used
RickB's J325 Retrofit Wiring
KFLOP 5VDC/15Watt/3A Power Supply
KANALOG Mounted & Connected