585,741 active members*
5,291 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OSP300 Tool Holder Geometry

OSP300 Tool Holder Geometry

I have a tool that I need to add an extension to for clearance. I have everything modeled and in the system that needs to be, I am just unsure of the process. I'm still fairly new at setup and I don't want to screw anything up. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: OSP300 Tool Holder Geometry

hi chronos, after you measure the tool at the senzor, go tool data menu \ select tool \ tool edit \ from here i am lost, because i am not near a machine with cas, but you have to look for tool&holder settings, and search a button labeled "autoset" ( i don't remember exactly the button label ), but it should position your virtual tool in accordance with your real offset

however, i don't work with the 3d models, because it requires too much setting time

what i do, is simple measure the tools, and run the program : of course, this involves that code had been checked allready for potential colisions, or next step is checking for colisions while the program is runing / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hi chronos, after you measure the tool at the senzor, go inside 3d model, edit your toolholder+tool, and click "autoset" ( i don't remember exactly the button label ), but it should position your virtual tool in accordance with your real offset

however, i don't work with the 3d models, because it requires too much setting time

what i do, is simple measure the tools, and run the program : of course, this involves that code had been checked allready for potential colisions, or next step is checking for colisions while the program is runing
    / kindly (flame2)
    (flame2)

Kitty.... Too much info.... he didn't ask for how you want him to run his machine

hi superman yup, somehow, you are right ... but there are some people that try to bypass all these virtual model settings, because it takes too much time

i believe that is ok to master this model settings, and also know the alternatives

also, i have been told by some tooldealers, that in others shops, people are complaining about having to set "everything"

arround here, our okuma dealer shows the 3dmodel+cas, but it does not share infos about quick alternatives, and many okuma operators remain traped for years, without knowing that there are other ways; they simply remain skilled at a lower level, even if they are capable of much more then that

i just wish for Chronos to set up his cncs as fast as possible, and safe ... who knows, maybe he wishes to see last avengers movie / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

The minimum required for a tool in the OSP P300M control is registering a tool number in the tool data page and hitting ok. No model no tool description, just a number. Attach that tool to a magazine pot in the tool magazine tab and your good to go. Down and dirty!