585,933 active members*
3,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bobcam posts point to point instead of I & J's

bobcam posts point to point instead of I & J's

I can't get Bobcam to post out arcs/circles. I get only point to point. It's too much code for my Mach3 control. AM I missing a setting in Bobcam? I'm sure it has to be an option.

Re: bobcam posts point to point instead of I & J's

Yes it is an option that you have missed, it is in the posting page which comes after you choose your machining stratergy, click the box called Arc Fit and play around with Arc Fit Tolerance, you can often make a G code set about 1/4 the number of lines using arc fit.

Regards

Barrie
    Barrie @ Composite Specialities Ltd. using BobCAD V29 Mill 3 axis Pro, Geomagic Design, Bricscad V16 and MOI V3

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    Yes it is an option that you have missed, it is in the posting page which comes after you choose your machining stratergy, click the box called Arc Fit and play around with Arc Fit Tolerance, you can often make a G code set about 1/4 the number of lines using arc fit.

Regards

Barrie
    There are a few other areas and things that go along with this.

Post setup can do this. Particular toolpath strategies do this... the geometry itself!

Arc and smooth spline geometry can post ijk values without arc fit set...

Arc fit is more of an added method to control break/angle values in the code generated and scrunch things down even further...