584,829 active members*
4,890 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Need Help !Getting water in the sand

Hello guys, i have an kimtech waterjet with a flow waterpump (94,000 psi)

The question here is how do i keep on getting water in the sand, the water goes up the pipe and in return and keep on getting in the sand pipe, its really annoying using the hole day getting the sand pipes dry.... if anyone have any clue or been in the same situation before let me know below
    Last edited by NiklasBendiksen; 12-11-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Re: Getting water in the sand

We have a Maxiem Waterjet at work and we will experience the same issue with thin material that flap up and down while cutting. The material flap up which decrease the clearance between the nozzle and the material, sometime even block the nozzle completely, thus cause water to go back into the tube. Depend on the job we have to come up with a way to hold material down while cutting, usually need to place few small steel blocks around the cutting path while nozzle is moving. Cutting under water also help to minimum this issue but isn't a 100% guaranty.

If this issue happen on thick material that doesn't flap around, I guess your clearance between nozzle and material is too little; maybe try to increase that clearance to see if it will work.

gunash Guest

Re: Need Help !Getting water in the sand

Is your problem solved? We have had the same issue when we were using the nozzle exposed. Then issue got solved by putting a rubber shield on the nozzle. So you can either request one from your waterjet supplier, or just put a small rubber circle plate on it.

Re: Need Help !Getting water in the sand

Thank you, ye it was on thin plates when the water keep jumping up and down