584,800 active members*
4,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal Mill Z stroke is too short so I can't reach the vice

Fadal Mill Z stroke is too short so I can't reach the vice

Sorry if this has been addressed. I tried to find it, but I'm not sure what to search for. I have a Fadal mill. I had to replace the X motor, and when I brought it back online, my Z axis refuses to move close enough to the table to actually cut anything. My Cold start position is fine, and my tool change position works, but Z stokes out a little over a foot above the table. I looked at the SV command, but I don't want to change my tool change position and I'm not sure what is ok to change. It says my Zero offset is -600, but I don't know if that is different than what it was before or what will be effected if I change that. How do I troubleshoot this?

Re: Fadal Mill Z stroke is too short so I can't reach the vice

Quote Originally Posted by rapitrone View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed. I tried to find it, but I'm not sure what to search for. I have a Fadal mill. I had to replace the X motor, and when I brought it back online, my Z axis refuses to move close enough to the table to actually cut anything. My Cold start position is fine, and my tool change position works, but Z stokes out a little over a foot above the table. I looked at the SV command, but I don't want to change my tool change position and I'm not sure what is ok to change. It says my Zero offset is -600, but I don't know if that is different than what it was before or what will be effected if I change that. How do I troubleshoot this?
    Is it possible you have a machine with extended Z, and for some reason it thinks it's a machine with standard Z height? You can check what it is in the parameters

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    Is it possible you have a machine with extended Z, and for some reason it thinks it's a machine with standard Z height? You can check what it is in the parameters
    That was it. It looks like I lost at least some of my parameters. It was set to Z20 instead of Z28.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by rapitrone View Post
    That was it. It looks like I lost at least some of my parameters. It was set to Z20 instead of Z28.
    Thank you!
    Glad I was able to help!