585,690 active members*
4,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Are there laser brands from Korea or Taiwan or other than China?

Are there laser brands from Korea or Taiwan or other than China?

The US brands are expensive, might be worth the price, I don't know.
    I am looking for something in between the Chinese and US brands. I want to avoid the Chinese because of longevity and software issues.
    Thanks

Re: Are there laser brands from Korea or Taiwan or other than China?

If you get a Chinese one with a ruida controller you can get Light Burn to run it

OK Thanks
    I want to compromise laser wattage for better longevity, something I might get from designs from developed countries.

Quote Originally Posted by laith86 View Post
    I want to compromise laser wattage for better longevity
    Then you need a RF source (I presume we are talking about CO2 lasers).

I might get from designs from developed countries.
    To consider China, Korea or Taiwan less developed than the US is a mistake. It tells me you haven't been to these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post
    To consider China, Korea or Taiwan less developed than the US is a mistake. It tells me you haven't been to these parts.
    I want a machine from Taiwan or Korea, they are developed. China can be developed as well, but I heard their machines have issues.

Then you need a RF source (I presume we are talking about CO2 lasers).

Storen, can you tell me the link to your review of the Chinese desktop machine vendors? Thanks

I found these brands in a post from this forum, GCC - Taiwan, Sisma - Italy, Gravograph - France, Rofin - US (I realised it was founded in Germany)

I want a machine from Taiwan or Korea, they are developed. China can be developed as well, but I heard their machines have issues.
    The Chinese production model is quite different than the traditional for this industry. 99% of the Chinese factories don't research, develop or design anything on their own, nor they hold any patents. Typically they work only with off-the-shelf components of diferent origin and quality avalable on the Chinese parts market. You have to tell them what parts you want them to use and they will put together the machine for you. After assembling the machine they would run only the most basic tests and let you deal with the rest. Not to mention the majority of them (especially the cheap brands) use discounted, refurbished parts or clones without telling you. Obviously, this approach cannot guaranty quality and most of the machines have issues.
    This kind of factories are not exactly "brands", at least not in the popular meaning of the word.

Storen, can you tell me the link to your review of the Chinese desktop machine vendors? Thanks
    I am not sure which review you have in mind?

I found these brands in a post from this forum, GCC - Taiwan, Sisma - Italy, Gravograph - France, Rofin - US
    GCC is the only Taiwanese brand I know. They develop their own hardware and software and make very high-end machines. Their prices are very similar to the American or European brands. They are the only decent brand that offers machines with DC CO2 lasers.

Sisma - As far I know they make only fiber lasers. I was under the impression you are looking for a CO2 laser?

Gravograph - Are you sure they are French? They have a good reputation, but I don't know much about them.

Rofin - I think is a German company. Recently they merged with Coherent - a US company that makes the laser sources for them. I have one Rofin laser welding machine and the quality is amazing.

So what kind of machine you are looking for? What do you intend to do with it?

I am not sure which review you have in mind?
    The one you mentioned in this page: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/gener...788-forum.html

Sisma - As far I know they make only fiber lasers. I was under the impression you are looking for a CO2 laser?
    Fiber lasers are considerably more expensive, right? If so, then yes I only want CO2

Gravograph - Are you sure they are French? They have a good reputation, but I don't know much about them.
    Their website states France as their address, but I now know that the founder came to the US from Germany, stated here https://www.engraversjournal.com/art...522/index.html

So what kind of machine you are looking for? What do you intend to do with it?
    I want to start a mini business engraving and cutting wood and plastic. I know I need to specify far more detail into what kind of material and what kind of detail/engraving I want to do, so I am researching. I know some "talked about" Chinese brands like Bodor and G Weike, and probably there are more. My country's voltage is 240 V and frequency is 50 Hz. Thanks for your help

The one you mentioned in this page
    Oh, that is very old. A lot of things changed since then.

Fiber lasers are considerably more expensive, right?
    Not necessarily. Fiber lasers are used primarily for metal.

I know some "talked about" Chinese brands like Bodor and G Weike, and probably there are more. My country's voltage is 240 V and frequency is 50 Hz. Thanks for your help
    As I mentioned earlier I don't consider companies like Bodor and G Weike real machine "brands". They are cheap, unreliable, assembly factories. Even according to the low Chinese standards. My advice is to stay away from them.

Where are you from? What is your budget for this?

As I mentioned earlier I don't consider companies like Bodor and G Weike real machine "brands". They are cheap, unreliable, assembly factories. Even according to the low Chinese standards. My advice is to stay away from them.

Where are you from? What is your budget for this?

Please tell me the reliable brands, please, It will save me a lot of research.
    I am from Oman. I can raise my budget to get the most reasonable choice, probably around 4000 $.

Please tell me the reliable brands, please, It will save me a lot of research.
    I am from Oman. I can raise my budget to get the most reasonable choice, probably around 4000 $.
    You won't be able to get a new RF laser for 4K. The average price for this technology would be around 3 times higher.
    I think a Chinese DC laser with steppers would be your only option. Since you live in Asia it would make more sense to buy from China - shipping, timezone, easy access to replacement parts etc.

I don't want to turn this forum to an advertising platform so I rather send you a private message with a more specific recommendation.

You won't be able to get a new RF laser for 4K. The average price for this technology would be around 3 times higher.
    I think a Chinese DC laser with steppers would be your only option. Since you live in Asia it would make more sense to buy from China - shipping, timezone, easy access to replacement parts etc.

I don't want to turn this forum to an advertising platform so I rather send you a private message with a more specific recommendation.
    Ok please tell me in private. Thanks

It is better to buy used Trotec or Epilog than new GCC or Chineese.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    It is better to buy used Trotec or Epilog than new GCC or Chineese.
    That is worth considering.