584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Engraving beer glasses

Hello,

I own a 6040 CNC machine (actually it’s the x1500gt or something like that). I’ve been using it for 3 years. When I bought it, it came with a 5th axis (rotary axis or how you call it). I never used it but I want to experiment with engraving beerglasses. I Saw a video on Facebook where you could see a glass being engraved and the tool used seemed to have a spring loaded engraving bit on it. I have no clue how it’s called and could not find one after googling it.

Somebody knows where I can find it? Or at least how it’s called?

Re: Engraving beer glasses

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

I'd say invest in a drag knife instead. Use it to cut stencils for abrasive blasting. You'll be done with your beer glass that way long before you'd even get the thing fixtured up in the mill, doing it directly. And the quality of the engraving will be a lot better than what you'd get by scratching on the glass with a carbide tool.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by KLucky13 View Post
    Hello,

I own a 6040 CNC machine (actually it’s the x1500gt or something like that). I’ve been using it for 3 years. When I bought it, it came with a 5th axis (rotary axis or how you call it). I never used it but I want to experiment with engraving beerglasses. I Saw a video on Facebook where you could see a glass being engraved and the tool used seemed to have a spring loaded engraving bit on it. I have no clue how it’s called and could not find one after googling it.

Somebody knows where I can find it? Or at least how it’s called?
    I'm looking for feedback for a spring loaded engraving tool kit from CNC-Aid.com and have not yet had anyone respond, but it may be what your looking for.
    It apparently will do Power Engraving as well as Diamond Drag Engraving which is probably well suited for Engraving beer glasses. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCLaserBeam View Post
    I'm looking for feedback for a spring loaded engraving tool kit from CNC-Aid.com and have not yet had anyone respond, but it may be what your looking for.
    It apparently will do Power Engraving as well as Diamond Drag Engraving which is probably well suited for Engraving beer glasses. Hope that helps.
    I purchased one from them for $89 with Free Shipping on their website. I added the Diamond Drag Bit they sell as well.
    I can say that the engraving tool holder is well made and functions as claimed.
    You should know that engraving of any kind can be challenging in the beginning, (whether you do Power or Drag Engraving) but that's not the tools fault.
    You should first practice on some scrap of the same material you'll end up using to find the results your looking for.
    This tool does both (Power and Drag Engraving) and can run at 0 to 50,000 RPM. This is faster than any other Spring Loaded Engraving Tool I have seen.
    They claim that this is the Best Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit for the money and from my experience with other engraving holders I tried... I would agree.

Note that all other Drag Engraving Holders I have seen "CANNOT" do "Power Engraving"... but "this one" can do BOTH.

The website has more info at:
    F.E.T. is the Ultimate and Most Affordable "Floating Engraving Tool" kit available!