I have a new to me PC Mill 100 - which looks like it's never been used, very clean & new looking!

The PC has clearly been replaced at some point - but it appears to work.

If I switch on, reference the machine - everything is happy for a few minutes then I get the 2520 error.

If I reset then re-reference the machine, it works for another few mins - then the same.

My first guess would be electrical noise or something like that, disturbing the RS485 signal. Before I start adding chokes & sticking my scope where it doesn't belong, I wondered if there's anything common I should look at first?

It's too nice a machine to re-fit with Mach3 or similar - so I'm determined to make it work as it's maker intended! If it makes a difference I'm running the Sinumerik 810 software. I have the 820 software too, as well as FANUC.

Personally, I'd prefer to run FANUC as I know it - but I don't have the Panel overlay for it. Maybe I ought to 3D print one!

Any help would be very welcome. Is there an EMCO specific forum somewhere? Their users don't seem to be as visible on line as other types of machine?

Si