585,665 active members*
3,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Anybody buy linear rail and bearings from an amazon seller called Joomen?

Anybody buy linear rail and bearings from an amazon seller called Joomen?

A place called Joomen?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5SPNP0C3&psc=1

Anybody have any thoughts on these?
    Thanks

Re: Anybody buy linear rail and bearings from an amazon seller called Jooman?

I think its spelled Joomen...
    Gecko G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X and A axis, 1/2-10 5 Start Acme-Z Axis
    4-THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48 48V

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post
    I think its spelled Joomen...
    Right you are.

Nobody??

Re: Anybody buy linear rail and bearings from an amazon seller called Joomen?

I have. Got 2 1200mm 1605 ballscews as well as 6 1200mm 20mm linear rails for my diy router. They work really well. Had to pull the bearings out and clean them (which you should do with any rails that are not name brand), but other than that, they slide really well with no binding. I know it's usually a lottery to see if you get good rails and blocks, but all of me need fit good with no discernable slop in them at all.

Re: Anybody buy linear rail and bearings from an amazon seller called Joomen?

Quote Originally Posted by firepong View Post
    I have. Got 2 1200mm 1605 ballscews as well as 6 1200mm 20mm linear rails for my diy router. They work really well. Had to pull the bearings out and clean them (which you should do with any rails that are not name brand), but other than that, they slide really well with no binding. I know it's usually a lottery to see if you get good rails and blocks, but all of me need fit good with no discernable slop in them at all.
    How do you clean the bearings? Don't they fall all over the place when you pull out that piece of fake rail?

Quote Originally Posted by tkms002 View Post
    How do you clean the bearings? Don't they fall all over the place when you pull out that piece of fake rail?
    Pretty much any rail 20mm or bigger has retaining clips in them, preventing the bearings from coming out when taken off the rail/temp block. When I have to take my bearings off for some reason, I never use the plastic blocks.

As for cleaning them, you get a bowl with rubbing alcohol in it. Then, open the bearing up by pulling the end plates off, letting the bearings fall into the bowl. Soak both the bearings and the torn apart blocks in the alcohol solution for around 30 minutes so that the goop that is put in the blocks has time to break up. After that, blow the blocks out with either compressed air or an air compressor and put the end caps back on the blocks. From there, it's using tweesers or some small needle nose pliers to put the balls back in. You know the correct amount is in the slot when you have a width the size of a bearing left over between 2 separate bearings.