584,860 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynapath > Dyna 50MU, access to the "monitor" functions or higher level settings?
Page 1 of 2 12

Dyna 50MU, access to the "monitor" functions or higher level settings?

We have a Tree VMC and want to do testing on the axis gibs. The book calls for getting into the "monitor" settings of the control to look at the loads on each axis, however there is no explanation how to do that.

Also curious how to access the parameters and such. Not that I need to change any but the Dynapath is certainly VERY locked down! Seems you need the right key sequence for everything. Most stuff is hidden.

Re: Dyna 50MU, access to the "monitor" functions or higher level settings?

bob1112,

Are you referring to the Dynapath customer information manual or a Tree manual? I wonder if the reference to "monitor" means TM4 test mode -- "lag display" which is accessible through the set up screen.

To access the parameters, type "PAR" on the start up screen, before pressing "mode select". I use that mode to enable/disable my 4th axis if I have to pull it off the machine.

The plc is accessed in the same way by typing "PLC".

RT

There is no load display for the axis on a dynapath. You can as mentioned look at the following error ie Lag display by going to your setup mode on cnc then selecting TM4 - Servo adj. Normal running is generally TM1- Rapid override.

If you are looking for load on an axis then it will depend on your axis drives. For an Gettys N360 we could take a simple AMP clamp on Amp meter on an armature wire and measure the current. Others may be different.

Does anyone have a manual for pic V software?? I'm still trying to fix some issues with my dynapath 40mu, my options screen shows i have conversational graghics installed, but i can't get it enabled??

Thanks,
    Scott

Scott,

I have the manual, what do you need to know?

Conversational graphics may be enabled by the option key, is that original to the machine?

RT

Quote Originally Posted by swhowardno1 View Post
    I'm still trying to fix some issues with my dynapath 40mu, my options screen shows i have conversational graghics installed, but i can't get it enabled??

Thanks,
    Scott
    Hi Scott,

.... been very busy and totally forgot to answer your emails and calls....please forgive me.
    Looks like you are still working on fine tuning the Dynapath. the Conv Graphics was something we talked about before a little in the beginning (I think).... Mode Select>(3)Program> and there should be a Soft key for "CONV GRAPHICS"... see photo below. If, not there you may have to call Dynapath for the Original CNC exe/PLC exe programs.

Attachment 445796

Attachment 445798

Chat more sooner or later....
    DJ

Sorry i didn"t get back right away..

i am still having several little issues with my machine, sometimes i load a program and hit start, it will start the spindle, and move to designated xy position, but just sit there without doing the z move( if i move the z below the start point all scripts work fine, (on my machine the first z move has to be away from part)..its really agrivating sometimes, i was hoping that with the plc manual i would be able to turn on features like conversational graphics and simultaneous rapids, conversational graphics is highlighted in the options menu, but doesn't have the * indicating its enabled..

Machinehop5 sent me most of the plc 5 manual, but after and reading several sections of the manual i'm still no closer to understanding what i need to change.. has anyone ever done any of these changes that can explain it a little closer to english??

Thank you
    Scott

Scott,

I believe Dynapath could tell you which options are enabled on your machine if you call them with your control serial number. Conversational graphics I believe is controlled by the option key, if it wasn't purchased originally the option won't be present.

I don't believe the PLC program will cause the issues you are seeing, it's just the ladder logic connecting the CNC executive to the physical components on the machine.

Do you have the installation manual? That will list all the parameters for axis behavior, compensation, tool changer behavior, etc. It was about USD200 when I purchased mine a few years ago from Dynapath. It's a worthwhile document to keep on hand and was invaluable for me to set up my 4th axis.

RT

Quick question, do i enable/disable manufacturers options by rewriting or adding a line in the ladder, file or are they parameters that can be changed by editing a byte in the par file??

Manufacturer options are coded in the option key, the coin cell shaped chip on the axis card. As far as I know, the instructions for options are hard coded in the executable to look up the key.

RT

Scott,

I missed that picture initially. Simultaneous x, y, z would be described in the installation manual. I don't recommend you activate it as it is not the behavior exoected by CAM post processors and could cause collisions.

RT

To address your question about parameters: you can edit parameters by typing in "PAR" at the power up screen instead of pressing "mode select". You go to the address of the parameter you want to change and enter the relevant data as per the installation manual. For instance, the very first parameter is the number of axes which I change to 3 or 4 when I remove or install my 4th axis.

This will not give you access to manufacturer options controlled by the option key. The option key can only be programmed by Dynapath as far as I know. You'll need to talk to them if you want to go this way.

RT

(on my machine the first z move has to be away from part)..
    ...this sounds odd.
    If, programmed first R move is R+.100 which is default most of the time, 1st be sure you have some (Active) value larger in the - direction TLC for what ever tool used. Right?

...post a few Lines of your program that you have trouble with

There's a clue there: tool lengths or fixture offsets may not be set properly and the first z move moves up against the limit switch perhaps?

RT

conversational graphics is highlighted in the options menu, but doesn't have the * indicating its enabled..
    ...then your machine does not have that Option.... those files would be stored on the HDD

To swhowardno1: The issue you describe with the Z axis not moving and no errors or faults could be the Z axis not coming into position at the end of a rapid move. If that is the case, it is likely that the axes need to be balanced. Go to Mode 5 and enter the TM4 mode to see the axis lag. If an axis has more than 0.0005" of lag at stand still, the axis needs to be balanced. (That's an adjustment on the axes drive.) There was (is?) a longer description on the dynapath.com website.

To cngbrick: There is a PIC to CNC flag that will tell the control that the fourth axis has been removed or installed. You can then use an external switch to tell it whether the fourth axis is installed or not. That way you don't have to modify the parameters.

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jagardner4 View Post
    To cngbrick: There is a PIC to CNC flag that will tell the control that the fourth axis has been removed or installed. You can then use an external switch to tell it whether the fourth axis is installed or not. That way you don't have to modify the parameters.

Best regards,
    Thank you for the tip. I don't have the original source code for my PLC. Do you know if it's possible to append lines without the source?

RT

...ok guys, I do not have the Installation manual just yet and having a newly discovered bug with A axis on a D50MU control. For some reason any feed moves using G93 or G94 is locked to max F.5 also tried in CG using T-9999.999 same thing very very slow G01 nothing changed...anyone have a list of A axis params would be great..All 4 servo motors are same so, possibly could compare to any of the other axis...if just knew which one's this machine does have Option for (Rotary Contouring)
    Thanks in advance
    DJ
    Attachment 445912

For a 4th axis rotary:

Maximum contouring rate for rotary axis is at 2E5, 2E6 as XXXX deg/min. Default value is FFFF which indicates max contouring feedrate is equal to the rapid jog rate for the same axis.

The maximum jog rate for rotary axis is at 293,294,295 in XXXXX deg/min., max of 30000 deg/min.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by cngbrick View Post
    For a 4th axis rotary:

Maximum contouring rate for rotary axis is at 2E5, 2E6 as XXXX deg/min. Default value is FFFF which indicates max contouring feedrate is equal to the rapid jog rate for the same axis.

The maximum jog rate for rotary axis is at 293,294,295 in XXXXX deg/min., max of 30000 deg/min.

RT
    ...Thanks RT. I'll see whats in there.

Page 1 of 2 12