585,749 active members*
3,875 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynapath > Dyna 50MU, access to the "monitor" functions or higher level settings?
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Dyna 50MU, access to the "monitor" functions or higher level settings?

Quote Originally Posted by jagardner4 View Post
    To swhowardno1: The issue you describe with the Z axis not moving and no errors or faults could be the Z axis not coming into position at the end of a rapid move. If that is the case, it is likely that the axes need to be balanced. Go to Mode 5 and enter the TM4 mode to see the axis lag. If an axis has more than 0.0005" of lag at stand still, the axis needs to be balanced. (That's an adjustment on the axes drive.) There was (is?) a longer description on the dynapath.com website.

To cngbrick: There is a PIC to CNC flag that will tell the control that the fourth axis has been removed or installed. You can then use an external switch to tell it whether the fourth axis is installed or not. That way you don't have to modify the parameters.

Best regards,
    When my machine fails to run, i stop and reset manually jog z axis down any amount, and return to automatic and start the program again and it will run thru properly from start to finish..

That led me to believe that it was maybe an issue with not having simultaneous rapids, because if simultaneous rapids is turned off the controller has special handling instructions for the z axis.. something like performing z motion first heading away from part, but z motion last heading towards the part..

And i have phoned autocon/dynapath in numerous occassions, and noone has ever returned my calls or emails.

when i called the manufacturer and spoke to an actual person he said my machine was before his time and he would have to ask someone else what to do and call me back..that was 2 months ago..

Quote Originally Posted by cngbrick View Post
    For a 4th axis rotary:

Maximum contouring rate for rotary axis is at 2E5, 2E6 as XXXX deg/min. Default value is FFFF which indicates max contouring feedrate is equal to the rapid jog rate for the same axis.

The maximum jog rate for rotary axis is at 293,294,295 in XXXXX deg/min., max of 30000 deg/min.

RT
    ...so, I checked Parameters
    2E5 = FF
    2E6 = FF
    293 = 18
    294 = 00
    295 = FF

I did not change or try anything. What should they be set at?
    These are older Gettys DC SCR servos amps and they run about 200-250 IPM rapid on xyz. A axis jogs and rapids just fine,,,,, only the G01 feed rate is unprogrammable/uncontrollable above F.5 for some reason. I wonder what bug fixes Dynapath has done betwen the current CNC exe 001.I02.01 and what ever the newest version from DP was This control might need updating

Attachment 445926

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	june2019 003.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	445928

Thx
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by swhowardno1 View Post
    When my machine fails to run, i stop and reset manually jog z axis down any amount, and return to automatic and start the program again and it will run thru properly from start to finish..

That led me to believe that it was maybe an issue with not having simultaneous rapids, because if simultaneous rapids is turned off the controller has special handling instructions for the z axis.. something like performing z motion first heading away from part, but z motion last heading towards the part..

And i have phoned autocon/dynapath in numerous occassions, and noone has ever returned my calls or emails.

when i called the manufacturer and spoke to an actual person he said my machine was before his time and he would have to ask someone else what to do and call me back..that was 2 months ago..
    Did you try changing the Home Position for Z down .200 or so?
    DJ

Scott,

What feedrate did you use for your rapids and what is the weight of your tool? If I ask for a feedrate over 100 IPM on Z and have a heavy tool (1.5 inch carbide rougher) the motion will sometimes overshoot and error out.

That behavior can also be due to axis lag as brought up by jagardner4.

Dynapath responds much better to phone calls, I have always had good service from them the few times I had to call but I always reference my manuals first to see if my issue is addressed there.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...so, I checked Parameters
    2E5 = FF
    2E6 = FF
    293 = 18
    294 = 00
    295 = FF

I did not change or try anything. What should they be set at?
    These are older Gettys DC SCR servos amps and they run about 200-250 IPM rapid on xyz. A axis jogs and rapids just fine,,,,, only the G01 feed rate is unprogrammable/uncontrollable above F.5 for some reason. I wonder what bug fixes Dynapath has done betwen the current CNC exe 001.I02.01 and what ever the newest version from DP was This control might need updating

Attachment 445926

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	june2019 003.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	445928

Thx
    DJ
    It looks like you have max rapids of 1800 deg/min or 12 seconds for a full rotation which is the default setting. Are you setting T for every block? T is not modal and the next block will revert to F if T is not specified. I don't use F for contouring 4th axis work.

RT

...the Maytag and Sears Repairman has left the building...say its not so they sell stuff not fix stuff.

Scott, you still having Z trouble...? Post a few lines of the Program

Thank you all for the suggestions, i'll continue to work with it.

Modal codes may need to be cleared

...other possible problems could be not clearing Modal T codes or W codes or O Reference plane codes still Active ...affecting the next operation. I think Dynapath can use a T000 to cancel Tool Offset at the end of each operation.

To swhowardno1: The issue you describe with the Z axis not moving and no errors or faults could be the Z axis not coming into position at the end of a rapid move. If that is the case, it is likely that the axes need to be balanced. Go to Mode 5 and enter the TM4 mode to see the axis lag. If an axis has more than 0.0005" of lag at stand still, the axis needs to be balanced. (That's an adjustment on the axes drive.) There was (is?) a longer description on the dynapath.com website.

Best regards,
    Thank you for your suggestions.

i put the machine in lag monitoring yesterday, and grabbed a few lines of code as an example..the machine was in metric yesterday, so the numbers only look big..i switch back and forth between sae and metric regularly..

Thank you for the tip. I don't have the original source code for my PLC. Do you know if it's possible to append lines without the source?

RT
    I'm wondering if I should have said anything.

The short answer is 'yes,' you can append lines to the end of the PLC without having the source file.

Here's the problem(s): You need to either be able to edit the PLC from the front panel, or be able to download the object file, disassemble it to commands and addresses, insert the two lines you need just before the EOP, and re-assemble to machine code, then upload back to the control. Unfortunately, not many PLC could be edited from the front panel - that came very late in the product life. I think it would have to be a Delta 40/50/60, but I'm not sure.

My problem is that it's been 9 years since, I've worked with a DynaPath or even in the machine tool industry.

Frankly, you've got a method that works and I don't think you should mess around too much trying to edit the PLC. The editing process was flaky and unreliable. I don't want to be the one who leads you down a path of screwing up your machine.

Best regards,
    jagardner4

Thank you for your suggestions.

i put the machine in lag monitoring yesterday, and grabbed a few lines of code as an example..the machine was in metric yesterday, so the numbers only look big..i switch back and forth between sae and metric regularly..
    ..you may need add a XYZ move right after a Exx call, because your control has deferred Fixture offsets. Same thing when using a E00 T000 at the end of each tool. my machine uses H's and D's so, this program may not work on yours without editing.

Attachment 446074
    Attached Files Attached Files

To cngbrick

I'm wondering if I should have said anything.

The short answer is 'yes,' you can append lines to the end of the PLC without having the source file.

Here's the problem(s): You need to either be able to edit the PLC from the front panel, or be able to download the object file, disassemble it to commands and addresses, insert the two lines you need just before the EOP, and re-assemble to machine code, then upload back to the control. Unfortunately, not many PLC could be edited from the front panel - that came very late in the product life. I think it would have to be a Delta 40/50/60, but I'm not sure.

My problem is that it's been 9 years since, I've worked with a DynaPath or even in the machine tool industry.

Frankly, you've got a method that works and I don't think you should mess around too much trying to edit the PLC. The editing process was flaky and unreliable. I don't want to be the one who leads you down a path of screwing up your machine.

Best regards,
    jagardner4
    I have read the plc manual all the way thru, and i have the assembly30.exe used to build new machine source codes, i even have several generic mill source files with ladder and object files, but after long debate i decided that i could live with my machine at 80% functional because its a whole lot better than messing it up completely. My manufacturer is still in buisness, but the machine i use has long been discontinued, so support from manufacturer is even worse than the support i have gotten from dynapath..thankfully there are a lot of very good people here on the forum to help us out..

Scott

in the 6 months i've owned it i have been able to overcome anything it has thrown at me, with help from friends on the board, from blown servo controllers to freezing mid program..i can put up with most of its quirky behaviours, but i'm a hobbiest i don't rely on my machine for a living, i don't need it to perform 100% like many here..if i find the parameter setting that will straighten out my machine thats fine, if not i can make it perform well enough to do anything i need done. (Yes, graphic programming and simultaneous rapids are still desired but far from required..)

My last project i used my machine in power feed mode with readout(no programming) it was easier than trying to calculate the cuts with woodruff tool compensations, and staying within the +/-.002 deep while switching from one side to the next..

It looks like you have max rapids of 1800 deg/min or 12 seconds for a full rotation which is the default setting. Are you setting T for every block? T is not modal and the next block will revert to F if T is not specified. I don't use F for contouring 4th axis work.

RT
    ...following up on this found the problem was Parameter 2E3 setting was 50 default. Changed to FF fixed the 4th axis max feedrate issue. Thx RT for the Tip about using T- inverse time.

DJ

DJ,

Good catch!

I looked through my manual again and noticed that the table listing shows 2E3 as "not used" but the parameter listing shows 2E3-2E4 as "contouring limit for rotary axis" and 2E5-2E6 as "axis feed rate after acc/dec cut off", I'm sorry I did not catch this earlier, thanks for sharing!

RT

DJ,

Good catch!

I looked through my manual again and noticed that the table listing shows 2E3 as "not used" but the parameter listing shows 2E3-2E4 as "contouring limit for rotary axis" and 2E5-2E6 as "axis feed rate after acc/dec cut off", I'm sorry I did not catch this earlier, thanks for sharing!

RT
    ...speaking of acc/dec rate Parameters for each Axis, I also discovered Dynapath had a setting for time acc/dec duration. X=138-13A, Y=1B8-1BA, Z=238-23A, 4th=2B8-2BA is defaulted 0 value. Changed to .3 (0E3FFF) and the machine sounds and moves nice a smooth now. This may help someone back to the Future...lol when reading this thread. Enjoy

DJ

Page 2 of 2 12