585,712 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DM3000 Spindle Error-Help!

Hello,

I am new to the forum and was hoping that someone could help me out. I recently purchased a DM3000 and have been trying to get it running. At first, the spindle would not fire up at all, in manual or program mode. In manual control, it acted like it was getting a signal to turn but it appeared like the brake was on. I was able to determine that the 120V brake was not working, it was getting voltage, but the coil had an open circuit so it wouldn't fire to release the brake. I removed the 120V brake altogether and the spindle fires up just fine now in manual.

Now the problem is that it doesn't fire up in program mode. I have run the diagnostics and keep getting an Error 5.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Re: DM3000 Spindle Error-Help!

Quote Originally Posted by alc24 View Post
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and was hoping that someone could help me out. I recently purchased a DM3000 and have been trying to get it running. At first, the spindle would not fire up at all, in manual or program mode. In manual control, it acted like it was getting a signal to turn but it appeared like the brake was on. I was able to determine that the 120V brake was not working, it was getting voltage, but the coil had an open circuit so it wouldn't fire to release the brake. I removed the 120V brake altogether and the spindle fires up just fine now in manual.

Now the problem is that it doesn't fire up in program mode. I have run the diagnostics and keep getting an Error 5.

Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

Did you ever get this sorted? I have the same problem with Error 5!

Cheers,

Ian