585,557 active members*
3,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Help please: Fanuc spindle alarm AL-33

Help please: Fanuc spindle alarm AL-33

I just received a Hardinge T42 which was working when inspected, but on arrival it's giving me an alarm code: AL-33 on the LED display on the spindle servo drive. Controller is 18t and as far as I can tell it's hooked up properly to power. Hydraulics work so the phase is fine.

I looked up the error code and it's described as "SHORTAGE POWER CHARGE" which sounds like some sort of voltage isn't high enough somewhere.

Has anyone else got experience with this glitch?

Have a look at this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fanuc Alarm 33.JPG  
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Look at the chart from mystic. Then inspect all cables and breakers. The electrician probably bumped something pulling wire. Happens all the time.

Thanks mystic. Where did you get that document? I'd love to get my hands on it in PDF if it's available online.

I just had the Fanuc tech in today. Swapped out the wiring board and it fixed the problem. First I checked voltage points between incoming mains and the board input side and found negligible voltage drops. All the screwdowns are tight, couldn't find a loose wire.

I suspect a bad relay on the wiring board now as different error message also started popping up (AL-51 I think: low volt DC link) that also *****ed about a bad relay. I decided to start pulling components for component level troubleshooting to see if I can fix the board myself. So far $25 of parts are coming in from DigiKey (relays). I have to take a stab at fixing this. The new board is $1,100 bucks with the trade in on the old board.

The failure is intermittent so I think it's something electromechanical or electrochemical like the relay or maybe a bad capacitor.

Don't know about a pdf but it is fanuc manual B-65165EN/02

you will just have to search google

AL-51 indicates exactly the same remedy, check the cable between the PSM and the Axis drive else you have a faulty PSM - send it for repair
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

MysticMonkey is correct. I would highly suspect your PSM. Its awful strange that Fanuc fixed one problem and another has crept up that indicated possibly the same trouble area. Good luck

If you need a pdf B- or GFZ-65165 I think have one.

Greg

It seems that I managed to fix the problem. Changed out two relays on the wiring board and the Al-33 is gone. Time to make some chips! Thanks for your help all.

Re: Help please: Fanuc spindle alarm AL-33

Good afternoon, I have the same problem. Is it possible to indicate which relays you replaced?
    Thanks

Good afternoon, I have the same problem in Nakamura TW30. Is it possible to indicate which relays you replaced?
    Thanks

Problem in your spindle drive , sent it for repair