585,930 active members*
3,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > need help with changing transformer wiring Fadal 4020

need help with changing transformer wiring Fadal 4020

I cant figure out how to get the wires out off the terminal block of the input voltage transformer. There are no visible screws . I need to change to voltage jumper wires for my higher voltage which is 240v delta 3 phase. my voltage is 245 with 1 meter and 251 using another test meter. so should I use the 250v or the 260 v settings. the manuals say to error to to high side for safety of the drives . And how do you get the front Y axis way cover off . I removed the 2 screws into the table but it is still mounted solid somewhere. Thanks for now

Re: need help with changing transformer wiring Fadal 4020

Gary,

With the power off, all you do is find a small straight slot screwdriver and press in on the front hole below the wire input on the terminal block. The wire should release.

On your way cover, you have bolts around the flange of the cover and on the bottom sides. You also have one, which is a little hard to find, but is further in than the flange of the way cover. It is on the side of the cover tucked in behind the table splash guard. I hope this all makes sense and if not, I will give you more detail but I think you'll find it.

FadalCNC Tech Support

After you remove the bolts connecting the front way cover to the table then move the table towards the column. Scope the way cover all the way towards the operator.
    Look down on the casting between the front ways and there will be a bracket on each side with 2 bolts holding it to the main casting. Remove those 4 bolts and it will lift out of there.
    If you have chips built up you will probably have to remove them so you can see the bolts.

Richard

Thanks I found the bolts buried in sticky coolant and chips. bolts were where you said. Others had said bolts were other places Now I have to figure out what are the proper way cover wipers and repa=lace the way wipers.

I just used this for the way cover wiper rubbers.
    CVR-0127-FT (15FT): https://itscnc.com/cvr-0127f-p-756.html

For the Way wipers themselves...
    (6) HDW-0356 wipers for the box ways (which are 4 for the saddle and 2 for the bottom of the Z)
    and (4) HDW-0355 of the small wipers for the gibs (which is 2 on each side of the Y)

thanks for the wiper info