585,665 active members*
3,767 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM not working with USB dongle

SprutCAM not working with USB dongle

I am cross posting this here and on the Sprut forum since the Sprut forum is down more that it is up.

Has anybody been able to get SC to work using the USB dongle? I was operating under the SC license I received with Alibre until it ran out. Now I can't get SC expert to work. When I start it up it asks me to fill out the registration screen and Sprut will send me a code. Why do I need a code if I already have a USB key?

I filled out the form anyway and sent it off to Sprut, once when I first received the software a few months ago and three or four times since the beginning of last week. I have not heard anything back from Sprut. I have been in contact with Greg at Tormach and he has been trying to help. I am waiting for a different SprutCAM CD from Greg since it looks like they may have sent me the wrong one. I have downloaded install files and drivers from Sprut with the same result. What is the trick to getting SprutCAM to see the USB dongle?

I am at a loss.
    -Eric

Eric, I've sent you an e-mail with the required files and instructions that should get you up and running.

Dave

Dave,

Are you singlehandedly resposible for SprutCAM tech support? I hope they appreciate your efforts. I haven't received any email as of yet (about 25 minutes after you posted.)
    -Eric

Eric, it feels like it sometimes.....but no. The e-mail address that you have on the SprutCAM forum has not worked.
    Send me an e-mail (dave AT sprut.co.uk) and I'll reply to it with the info that you need.

Dave

email sent
    -Eric