585,605 active members*
3,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Fadal Machines

Business has been good and I am looking to get a couple more CNCs. Does anyone here have experience with the new Fadals that are being produced in California??? I'd like to stick with Fadal.

Thanks

Re: New Fadal Machines

The only thing the New Fadals have in relationship with the old ones is the name, I believe they are chinese imports if I remember correctly.

Yea they look very cheap the controller pendant looks cheap too with crappy buttons. I wanted one but they never even responded to my emails.

Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post
    Yea they look very cheap the controller pendant looks cheap too with crappy buttons. I wanted one but they never even responded to my emails.

They are using the high torque Fadal hi-low belt drive and spindle, I think that was a good choice as most new 40 taper mills are direct drive now and can't run large face mills and drills at high feeds.

Not sure on that china control I would rather have a Camotion on NXgen Fadal style control and electricals.

Quote Originally Posted by IN2GLAMISGIRL View Post
    They are using the high torque Fadal hi-low belt drive and spindle, I think that was a good choice as most new 40 taper mills are direct drive now and can't run large face mills and drills at high feeds.

Not sure on that china control I would rather have a Camotion on NXgen Fadal style control and electricals.
    The calmotion setup looks nice. I have no opinion on the belt setup all my fadals have 7500rpm wye/delta setup but I’ve been fine pushing 3” facemills but I only really do alluminum.

I hear it's the same castings as their vintage machines and just different controls and motors. I just wonder why all the originators and family members are selling Fadal parts thru different companies but yet no support from the new and improved Fadal?
    I'm really wondering if they are moving any machines at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    I hear it's the same castings as their vintage machines and just different controls and motors. I just wonder why all the originators and family members are selling Fadal parts thru different companies but yet no support from the new and improved Fadal?
    I'm really wondering if they are moving any machines at all.
    Saw some on eBay for pretty cheap. The machines do not look like the original ones at all if the were I’d be surprised and looking more into it. Mostly for parts comparability.

I wonder if the totally refirbs from California or worth a darn? I see them all the time.

Not sure they look ok but I doubt they regrind the ways and returcite them. When I was really shopping for a Fadal before I bought my 5020. I saw some nice machines for good prices. There’s a 2017 4020 on eBay for 40k right now too.

Yes and No it depends if they actually do a ReFirb or just a good ole SpitShine like some of them do the only ones that i have visited and seen personally and do a good job (the employees at these places are Ex-Fadal guys) are Fadal Reman — West Coast CNC and M&M CNC Service, Repair and Refurbishing of CNC Milling Machines and yes they do regrind and returkite the machines if its a full rebuild.