585,759 active members*
4,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > MACH3 Offsets OFF each time i run to the set location around 30mm each time off!!!

MACH3 Offsets OFF each time i run to the set location around 30mm each time off!!!

Hi guys

:wave:

Im spending so so many hours on my cnc machine learning mach3 and all the stress of learning mach3 and CNC systems

I will be posting a few questions and hopefully get some tips!

Ive spent days, weeks on YouTube and Google etc and on the PC so do loads of work there but sometime posting a question can save you many hours and as ive spent all day on my PC and CNC its time for a quick question!

Today im learning about Offsets and think my nema23 are working well etc,
    But I need to know this,

Each time I run the G55 Offset and also the g54 offsets

They “are off each time” please see photo i.e. they go off around 30mm each time further and further

Can anyone tell me for sure the most likeliest cause of this?

Is it missing steps? As this is a pre-owned CNC im not sure of the specs on the orginal timing belt and timing belt collars that fit onto my Nema23s

Re: MACH3 Offsets OFF each time i run to the set location around 30mm each time off!!

Quote Originally Posted by adamfromUK View Post
    Hi guys

:wave:

Im spending so so many hours on my cnc machine learning mach3 and all the stress of learning mach3 and CNC systems

I will be posting a few questions and hopefully get some tips!

Ive spent days, weeks on YouTube and Google etc and on the PC so do loads of work there but sometime posting a question can save you many hours and as ive spent all day on my PC and CNC its time for a quick question!

Today im learning about Offsets and think my nema23 are working well etc,
    But I need to know this,

Each time I run the G55 Offset and also the g54 offsets

They “are off each time” please see photo i.e. they go off around 30mm each time further and further

Can anyone tell me for sure the most likeliest cause of this?

Is it missing steps? As this is a pre-owned CNC im not sure of the specs on the orginal timing belt and timing belt collars that fit onto my Nema23s

You could be missing steps

You set up each offset as a new starting position, for it to work how it should, you need to Home the machine and then set your work offset positions

G90
    G54G0 X0 Y0. start of first part
    Program

G55G0 X100 Y0. start of 2nd part
    Program

G56G0 X200 Y0. start of 3rd Part

You can just use ( 1 ) offset and do this as well

G54G0 X0Y0. start position
    Program

G0X100Y0. 2nd position
    Program

G0X200Y0. 3rd position
    Mactec54

Thumbs up Re: MACH3 Offsets OFF each time i run to the set location around 30mm each time off!!

Thanks for the reply, i could be missing steps?

Then all that code?

im a rookie it doesnt make sense too me

How long does this mach3 take too learn it is a nightmare to learn!

i thought i did well setting up the workpoints G54 Home and then in tne middle with G55 but as you can see each time! i go back to the offsets it is off by about 10cm each time

does anyone know the exact reson whats wrong?

Re: MACH3 Offsets OFF each time i run to the set location around 30mm each time off!!

Thanks for the reply, i could be missing steps?

Then all that code?

im a rookie it doesnt make sense too me

How long does this mach3 take too learn it is a nightmare to learn!

i thought i did well setting up the workpoints G54 Home and then in tne middle with G55 but as you can see each time! i go back to the offsets it is off by about 10cm each time

does anyone know the exact reson whats wrong?
    It's not really Mach3, once every thing is setup in Mach3 to match your machine, then it is all about programing your part installing the program and then setup your work piece and run the operation

It could be missing steps or the machine may not have been setup correct look for a Video on how to set the steps per either inch or metric what ever you are using, this you can then check to see if the machine moves to the movement you ask it to, for a rough check you can use a ruler with a pointer in the spindle, in MDI ask the machine to move G1X 4.0 F10. and see if it moves the correct amount

If you are using MM then this number would want to be 100 and the F50. you can use any number you want just watch the F number ( speed )

G54 is not machine Home

G54 is a work piece X0 Y0 starting point Home is at a different position on your machine

This snip is call it work home, but really it is work Zero start point

If you run the same program more than one time does the positions keep changing or does it say the same
    Mactec54

Just a quik reply and thank you Mactec54, im slowly getting the hang off it all lol, so much too learn, still to cut out something, tomorrow im going to make a decent alumimum probe block! to set the probe height one day at a time as the saying goes!

I did do some last night with a stainless steel ruler and got it MM pefect but when i upload a g code like a dummy run the new issue is the motors were doing the dummy run very very slow! didnt have router on but the axis were all moving sooooooooooooo slowly?

wonder what thats all about if cant resolve that new issue will post a new topic maybe

thanks agin:bat:

Just a quik reply and thank you Mactec54, im slowly getting the hang off it all lol, so much too learn, still to cut out something, tomorrow im going to make a decent alumimum probe block! to set the probe height one day at a time as the saying goes!

I did do some last night with a stainless steel ruler and got it MM pefect but when i upload a g code like a dummy run the new issue is the motors were doing the dummy run very very slow! didnt have router on but the axis were all moving sooooooooooooo slowly?

wonder what thats all about if cant resolve that new issue will post a new topic maybe

thanks agin:bat:
    What did you have the feed rate set to F----- or was the program done in inches if it was you would need a G20 at the start of the code for metric G21
    Mactec54