584,833 active members*
5,499 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Two devices with one license?

Two devices with one license?

Just about to pull the trigger on buying a CamBam license, and want to know if I am able to use that license on two devices. Most of my design work is on my desktop, big screens and powerful computer etc, but the CNC engraver and 3D printer are connected via a laptop in the garage. I don't want to have to traipse through the house every time I need a minor adjustment, so want CamBam on the laptop too. They won't be used at the same time, and I'm happy to register the devices. I can't find any info on their site

Do you guys know if this is possible?

Cheers

Les

Re: Two devices with one license?

Quote Originally Posted by lesthegringo View Post
    Just about to pull the trigger on buying a CamBam license, and want to know if I am able to use that license on two devices. Most of my design work is on my desktop, big screens and powerful computer etc, but the CNC engraver and 3D printer are connected via a laptop in the garage. I don't want to have to traipse through the house every time I need a minor adjustment, so want CamBam on the laptop too. They won't be used at the same time, and I'm happy to register the devices. I can't find any info on their site

Do you guys know if this is possible?

Cheers

Les

Yes, you can have licensed copies of CamBam loaded on multiple devices. I have two computers, one dedicated to my mill in the shop and one in the house, and both have version 0.9.8 and 1.0 loaded on them.

Great, thanks for letting me know!

Cheers

Les

Great, thanks for letting me know!

Cheers

Les
    My pleasure. Further clarification language from the CamBam forum: "CamBam licenses can be installed on as many machines as is convenient for you, for individual use.

For commercial use, the license should be only for one simultaneous user. That is, multiple users on one machine is fine, as is one user on multiple machines. But if you have more than one user on multiple machines, then a license should be purchased for each."

Great, purchased my license, just waiting for the activation code to appear.

I also tried to join the CamBam forum, but despite about 10 requests for the activation e-mail, nothing comes through, not sure if there is a glitch in there. I was going to ask a know on question about whether Gcode production was disabled for drilling ops when you are using the unlicensed version, as no matter how simple the drilling op I try to produce, the gcode is just garbage. Once the license comes through I'll give it another go, but if someone can confirm in the meantime it will be put me at ease

I've attached screenshots of the CamBam screen and the resultant file opened in UGS

Cheers

Les

Have you checked your spam folder for the activation code? Sometimes that happens. Keep in mind the CamBam staff is in England. The time zone difference puts them into their weekend.

You should be able to join the forum without an activation code. Not sure why you can't join. Again. might be a time zone difference issue.

As far as I know the trial version of CamBam has full capability until you reach the max limit. Not sure what you mean about gcode being garbage. Is it the sequence of the drilling cycle?

I got the code, and retried the drill gcode, with the same result. I'm beginning to suspect that UGS doesn't support the drill function. On a separate thread I have asked about the GRBL plugin, as maybe that will be the remedy

Cheers

Les

I was going to ask a know on question about whether Gcode production was disabled for drilling ops when you are using the unlicensed version
    No, unlicensed CamBam has no limitations whatsoever - except for the number of times you can launch it. If your drilling G-code is "garbage", you have a problem with either the post-processor, or some MOP parameters.