585,992 active members*
5,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Any Canadians Planning to purchase X3 mill?

View Poll Results: If you live in Canada are you interested in the X3 mill?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I plan to purchase an X3 mill

9 28.13%
  • Yes, I plan to purchase a super X3 mill

7 21.88%
  • No, I am not interested in the X3 mill

16 50.00%

Post Any Canadians Planning to purchase X3 mill?

It appears that the Seig X3 and Super X3 mills are currently not available for purchase in Canada. I am contemplating importing a couple of Super X3 mills and would like to know if there are any Canadians interested in a group purchase.

[email protected]

Have you made any inquiries or progress on this. I am interested, but may just try to pick up one of the models from Grizzly. I am only 60 miles from a border corssing that has a brokerage warehouse I can use. Anyhow, the short answer is, I am looking to buy a Super X3. Let me know.

tulsah: Yes, I am able to import these machines from China at a reasonable price, the problem is shipping across Canada can cost anywhere from $300 to $900. I live in Ottawa so it may not be cost effective to ship to your area. How much is the brokerage warehouse charging? What about Warranty?

I had ordered a bunch of super X3 mills and X2 mills. Still have a couple left. Email me if you are interested.

Syil Canada

I have order a Syil X4 Plus with a ton of tooling and other stuff. If i were you i would call 1-403-400-7945 in Calgary to speak to Keith. Look at the X4 it is not that much more then the X3

I agree the X4 sure looks like a nice machine! But I am selling the non CNC'd vesion of the Super X3 which is about 1/3 the price...

There are some X3/RF45 hybrid machines available in Canada at this site...

https://www.machinetoolswarehouse.co...cat=249&page=1

We are also now supplying the X3 and Super X3 by Sieg in Canada...

www.MachineToolsWarehouse.com

X3 Mill

I have an X3 mill and am not particularly proud of it. The best part of it is it's looks and the variable speed. However it is not a sturdy mill, the deflection can be measured when cutting even small jobs. My DC speed control failed and I received virtually no support from the manufacturers or the agents. They did offer to sell me another for Aust $440 plus delivery. I chose not to go this way and found I was able to purchase a new Minarick controller from the USA from ebay. This fixed it without problem of the interlocking nonsense. Mine came without any counterbalance or head support so I have used several small gas rams to do this. I also purchased the X axis DC drive which is very useful. This did have a problem just after fitting. When I opened it, it revealed very poor workmanship, a first year apprentice would do much better. The cover hides all this. Mechanicall I don't like the head fine raising down at the right side on the base. This is better for me to be similar to the better model X3, I think it is the "Super X3". The motor is strong enough, in fact is a good idea being variable DC with 2 speed mechanical. Looking back over all the problems I have had and the ability of this mill to do what I want, I would not buy another. It looks much better than it is. I did have a HM10 from Hare Forbes and this was wonderful. I bought the X3 believing it was an improvement. A friend has a HM45 which he is disappointed in, mainly electrical problems and small mechanical problems. Overall finish is poor and does need constant maintenance. Check out many hobby sites such as Steve Bedair's, most of the projects are modifications and improvements to the lathes and mills.
    These machines look good but once you use them or need support, they are seriously a problem. I have bought two new mills and two new lathes from this manufacturer, will not buy another nor will I recommend them to anyone.