584,826 active members*
5,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > New machine GCODE

New machine GCODE

Trying to figure out what GCODE I need for my new CNC router versus what I had for my old router. The sample program with the new one has:

G90 G49
    G40 G80
    G54
    G53 Z0
    G0 X0. Y0.
    M05
    M6 T1
    M3 S24000

... before cutting part

How do I make MasterCAM generate this code?

Re: New machine GCODE

Your post processor should generate the code.Mastercam comes with a selection of post processors and you need to identify which of them is suitable for your machine.If none of them are right you ought to ask the Mastercam reseller for their help as they should have taken the requirements of your controller into account when selling you the software.There is a good chance they will be able to adapt one of the bundled post processors to do the job or at least give you clear instructions on how to edit them.

The post I chose is generating the correct code to cut my parts. I just need to figure out how to get it to insert a few lines of code before the cutting and 1 line after. I'm a novice, but it looks like canned text should do what I need if I could figure out how to make it work. For example, the line G53 Z0. Is there a way I can use canned text to insert that line at the start and end of the program?

You can open the program using wordpad and just paste in the preamble.That gets old fairly quickly though.The M3 S24000 wouldn't be appropriate for all tools it is a high speed and best kept to very small tool diameters.It would also be a good idea to start the spindle before a rapid move to Z0 and I would have called up the tool at an earlier stage than seven lines into the program.I will admit to being unfamiliar with the very latest version of Mastercam,but it is a fantastic piece of software.

What version of mastercam are you using and what is the name of the Post Processor you used
    also what Machine Def did you select

I'm using MasterCAM X. The post is Generic Fanuc 4x Router.pst.

In the post folder, there is also a Techno Generic4x, Generic Fanuc 3x.

The machine definition I copied over from my previous cnc. It was also a single router head, but without the linear ATC. I guess I probably need to start with a different machine definition?

Are you talking about you are using the First of the X series being Mastercam X from 15 years ago. But to add what you need can be added to the post. but you have not stated what machine it is.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Sorry, I'm using version X4. The machine I have is an OMNI 1530 linear ATC router with the Syntec 6MB controller. I ended up switching to the Generic Fanuc 3x post processor and figured out how to hack it to produce the GCODE that I found in the sample program that came pre-loaded on the Syntec controller.

I'm assuming the sample code is just fine, but while I've got the thread going I'm curious to know what the GCODE should be for the Header, Tool Change, and the end of program. This is what I have:

Start of program:
    G90 G49 G40 G80 G54
    G53 Z0
    G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000

Tool change:
    M5
    G53 Z0 (I think this is redundant, but can't hurt)
    M6 T1
    M3 S16000 (I haven't configured speeds yet)

End of program:
    M5
    G53 Z0
    G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000
    M30

Does that all seem correct?

Quote Originally Posted by matthewomeara View Post
    Sorry, I'm using version X4. The machine I have is an OMNI 1530 linear ATC router with the Syntec 6MB controller. I ended up switching to the Generic Fanuc 3x post processor and figured out how to hack it to produce the GCODE that I found in the sample program that came pre-loaded on the Syntec controller.

I'm assuming the sample code is just fine, but while I've got the thread going I'm curious to know what the GCODE should be for the Header, Tool Change, and the end of program. This is what I have:

Start of program:
    G90 G49 G40 G80 G54
    G53 Z0
    G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000

Tool change:
    M5
    G53 Z0 (I think this is redundant, but can't hurt)
    M6 T1
    M3 S16000 (I haven't configured speeds yet)

End of program:
    M5
    G53 Z0
    G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000
    M30

Does that all seem correct?
    This looks okay but you need to sure about the "g53 Z0" g53 means to move in machine coordinate so you need to make sure that g53 Z0 retracts the Z axis to the top of it's limits and not the bottom of it's limits

I would recommend updating your Mastercam to the newest version. It's much easier to get help. In order for someone to edit your post, they need to be working on your current version.