585,722 active members*
4,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > PlanetCNC > older probotix control cncusb or planet cnc ???

older probotix control cncusb or planet cnc ???

hello folks so i have a issue maybe it can be solved i have several of these probotix controllers on these mini 4 axis mills. they are in a workshop for teaching students how to set up program and run cnc machines. now im no stranger to cnc controllers i have my own set up at home. now the controllers work and move the machine but on start up of the cnc usb software it brings up the serial number and serial code all this and asks for a registration code. is there anyway i can get these codes as i have i 6 of these machines. i do not know when the school purchased these or what deal was made. but the students had been told that theses machines are broken and wont even turn on which is where i came into this problem. my friend is the teacher for this school hes fairly knowledgeable about most things shop but nothing machining for cnc related and well you know how the rest went. im including pics of the breakout boards from 2 different boxes to help maybe shed some light on this for a possible fix. if my friends school credentials are needed ill have him contact you directly we really just want to get this going to teach the kids something new and interesting... thank you for your time..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190110_153052_Film4.jpg   20190110_153536_Film4.jpg   20190110_153542_Film4.jpg  

Re: older probotix control cncusb or planet cnc ???

These controllers are based on our MK1 unit (now obsolete). To use controller with our motion control software without restrictions, you would need to order license for controller.
    License is used for controller activation. Activated controller, when connected, serves as a license dongle.

You can purchase license here:
    https://planet-cnc.com/product/cnc-u...oller-license/

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    These controllers are based on our MK1 unit (now obsolete). To use controller with our motion control software without restrictions, you would need to order license for controller.
    License is used for controller activation. Activated controller, when connected, serves as a license dongle.

You can purchase license here:
    https://planet-cnc.com/product/cnc-u...oller-license/

welll thats the answer i was afraid of getting. i understand its business and there are an older unsupported item. just not sure if the license purchasing is in the school budget for him to do that. 500 dollars in a public school budget .is alot but ill pass the info along to him.

First check if controllers are working. Even without license machine should work.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    First check if controllers are working. Even without license machine should work.
    yeah the machine still work just very limited its ok for now ill find out what he wants to do this afternoon when i see him