584,802 active members*
4,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Connecting Dela MS300 VFD to my machine.

Connecting Dela MS300 VFD to my machine.

I have my new Delta VFD MS300 series (manual here: Services & Support - Download Center - Delta Group). I have the motor parameters entered in and the spindle is starting/stopping nicely. (Haven't cut with it yet).

I have a few questions regarding set-up. I am trying to configure one of the digital outputs to trigger when The spindle is up to running speed. I am trying to set MO1 to do this.

My current configuration:
    Accel (1-12) set to 5.
    MO1 (2-16) set to 2.
    0-10V input on AVI

What is happening with this setting is that as soon as the spindle starts to rotate MO1 triggers.

I tried setting 2-16 to 3 and 2-22 to 200Hz, but it only triggers briefly when it hits 200HZ (As I thought it would)

Some more about my system. I am using an ESS (Smooth stepper) for the control board, and Mach 4 for the front end.

The second issue I am having is that after cycling power I need to press the "Run" button once in order for the vfd to respond to the commanded speed. I would like to set it so that I don't have to do this, opening the cabinet each time I power up the machine would be a pain.

Re: Connecting Dela MS300 VFD to my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by TTalma View Post
    I have my new Delta VFD MS300 series (manual here: Services & Support - Download Center - Delta Group). I have the motor parameters entered in and the spindle is starting/stopping nicely. (Haven't cut with it yet).

I have a few questions regarding set-up. I am trying to configure one of the digital outputs to trigger when The spindle is up to running speed. I am trying to set MO1 to do this.

My current configuration:
    Accel (1-12) set to 5.
    MO1 (2-16) set to 2.
    0-10V input on AVI

What is happening with this setting is that as soon as the spindle starts to rotate MO1 triggers.

I tried setting 2-16 to 3 and 2-22 to 200Hz, but it only triggers briefly when it hits 200HZ (As I thought it would)

Some more about my system. I am using an ESS (Smooth stepper) for the control board, and Mach 4 for the front end.

The second issue I am having is that after cycling power I need to press the "Run" button once in order for the vfd to respond to the commanded speed. I would like to set it so that I don't have to do this, opening the cabinet each time I power up the machine would be a pain.
    Have you set Parameters for remote control it sounds like you still have partial Keypad control
    Mactec54