584,319 active members*
6,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 4020 complete control system for sale

Fadal 4020 complete control system for sale

Hi
    I have just upgraded my Fadal 4020 with a new control system, so have all the axis cards, 2 brushed DC servo amplifiers ( one was kaput) I believe there is even the renshaw probe card in there 3 brushed DC servo motors and even the control panel.
    It was all working fine apart from the one amplifier when I removed it all.
    Now these parts are all in Brisbane, Australia.... so really unless you are in Oz shipping might be a problem.
    I would like to sell the whole lot in one go but am open to offers...
    Anyway if anyone is interested please get in touch and see if we can work something out
    thanks
    Justin

Re: Fadal 4020 complete control system for sale

Quote Originally Posted by euroflo View Post
    Hi
    I have just upgraded my Fadal 4020 with a new control system, so have all the axis cards, 2 brushed DC servo amplifiers ( one was kaput) I believe there is even the renshaw probe card in there 3 brushed DC servo motors and even the control panel.
    Now these parts are all in Brisbane, Australia.... so really unless you are in Oz shipping might be a problem.
    Anyway if anyone is interested please get in touch and see if we can work something out
    thanks
    Justin
    What system did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyCNC....https://shop.pv-automation.com/et7/1...mycnc-et7.html

Should have really gone with the ET-10.... I didnt realise how many inputs I would need. But it will do for now.

I will move the ET-7 to another project and upgrade to the ET-10 on the mill eventually.

Why did you scrap the Fadal setup for a pc type thing?

Also if I may ask how is the pc thing working out for you? Did you get the atc working fine?

Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post
    Why did you scrap the Fadal setup for a pc type thing?

Also if I may ask how is the pc thing working out for you? Did you get the atc working fine?
    I was also going to ask about the ATC. I floated the idea of a complete DIY retrofit (for the future of course) but it seems rather intimidating

Quote Originally Posted by NismoGT View Post
    I was also going to ask about the ATC. I floated the idea of a complete DIY retrofit (for the future of course) but it seems rather intimidating

You’d probably be better off just going for one of the Fadal control retrofits already out there. Once you consider all costs 8k ain’t too bad considering the cost and time of a proper retrofit and you can probably make a few thousand selling the parts that get replaced.

To answer some of your Q.... the control is in and working fine... yes the ATC works.... in regards the $8000 retrofit option.... I have bought the machine... new controller and servos for less than that, so wasnt an option...
    Yes the $8000US would be a quicker option... but it only took me a week to do... and now I know my machine inside out... and at the end on the day it wasnt really that hard to do... when you strip the old control system back there is nothing to it...
    And why PC based... is easy... the program can be made to suit any machine... I have an ET-1 controlller on my plasma machine that has been running for mmm 7-8 years... no problems...
    yes there was a few bugs to iron out... but thats no big deal.... at the end of the day I have a controller that is state of the art... can be upgraded though firmware... and is easy to use....
    I will give you an example.... was watching a video the other day about someone loading a program into a well known machine control... it was press this .. press that... press reset 2 times..etc...etc
    I can load a program with 3 presses on the touch screen......
    So that is why PC based...
    hope that answers some of the Q,s.....

To answer some of your Q.... the control is in and working fine... yes the ATC works.... in regards the $8000 retrofit option.... I have bought the machine... new controller and servos for less than that, so wasnt an option...
    Yes the $8000US would be a quicker option... but it only took me a week to do... and now I know my machine inside out... and at the end on the day it wasnt really that hard to do... when you strip the old control system back there is nothing to it...
    And why PC based... is easy... the program can be made to suit any machine... I have an ET-1 controlller on my plasma machine that has been running for mmm 7-8 years... no problems...
    yes there was a few bugs to iron out... but thats no big deal.... at the end of the day I have a controller that is state of the art... can be upgraded though firmware... and is easy to use....
    I will give you an example.... was watching a video the other day about someone loading a program into a well known machine control... it was press this .. press that... press reset 2 times..etc...etc
    I can load a program with 3 presses on the touch screen......
    So that is why PC based...
    hope that answers some of the Q,s.....
    It does. I appreciate you taking the time but remember if the pc systems were better I think more manufacturers would use it but currently I see exactly zero actually using it. My Fadal is just type tá,1 and send the file from my computer so on the same level of key strokes. I also think you have a strong advantage in that you are very experienced with these retrofits. If you do ever get a chance I would appreciate a video of the setup and it working. I am interested it the controller just not for one of my fadals.

Hi
    thanks
    Justin
    Is this still for sale? I think I have a bad 1030 board as rs232 test fails.
    Let me know Cheers

yep I have the 1030-1B

yep I have the 1030-1B
    Please pm me your phone number

Quote Originally Posted by Deano7/11 View Post
    Please pm me your phone number
    Hi mate.
    Haven't seen the pm yet.

I would like to see a video myself. We have enough machines here we could change one over while the others are making parts. Want to keep options open because it’s only a matter of time considering retro’s are less expensive than a new machine. Frankly a full overhaul is and I like the idea of recycling versus scrapping because it’s a time issue. Our two older Fadals would be candidate for this. Perhaps a small write up if you haven’t already or a link with parts you used. I’m sure several in the community would like to know but unwilling to ask.