584,863 active members*
5,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > HITACHI SEIKI 4NE NOT READY

HITACHI SEIKI 4NE NOT READY

Hi I have a Hitachi Seiki 4Ne 6T micon 8 if that makes sense.

I am not an electrical engineer.

I started the machine first thing the other morning and it comes on, I push standby and the hydraulics work but it stays in not ready.

I have had a cnc engineer on this 3 days now and still no clue

What we have found

The 3 fuses on the x axis control 1.3amp had blown

The mico 8 was flashing dashes.
    What we have done is new battery's in the micon 8 and put the factory perimeters back in to the mico8 I now have zero's on the display
    we have now swapped the x and z sero packs for known good ones.

The servo packs are not powering up
    I feel that is just something stupid and It is costing me a fortune.

Anyone have any idea's

Paul

Re: HITACHI SEIKI 4NE NOT READY

There should be a pressure or a flow switch in the hydraulics which gives confirmation of the pump working, the control is maybe waiting for that signal, check the switch which be closed (probably) when the pump is running. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Bdrangdo View Post
    There should be a pressure or a flow switch in the hydraulics which gives confirmation of the pump working, the control is maybe waiting for that signal, check the switch which be closed (probably) when the pump is running. Dave
    Hi Thanks for the help. My machine does not have a pressure flow switch, We have now got it off not ready, The engineer traced it back to a wire that he has now unplugged from a main board and it was shorting out, It goes out of the electrical cabinet in to the machine, as soon as he unplugged it the x and z axis servos came to life and I could jog and zero return. But no spindle drive, The main contactor is not coming in to power up the spindle drive. We are going to trace the wire tomorrow, I think it is going to go to the control panel, Probably a switch or button shorting out from the cast iron dust that I am machining.
    It has been very difficult as the wiring diagrams do not match up as this machine is american spec.

I will update tomorrow

Paul

All fixed, The plug we disconnected was labeled FLT, traced the wire to the lubrication pump Float, It was shorting out and causing all sorts of problems, The clue was when we disconnected the plug to the board the rest of the machine came to life , But no spindle drive, and that is what happens if you run out of Lube.

All fixed and running now

Paul

I also can not get my machine out of the not ready state. When I power up and all boots up standby hydraulics on. I have a motor led on the control panel illuminated. Also have a ptcl led one the Fuji spindle Drive. Do you remember if your problem caused the motor alarm led to stay on? Any help would great. Thank you.