585,902 active members*
4,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

heidenhain tnc151

Hi , Im a newbie here and would like to ask for help from you amazing wizards please.

I have an old 80s Bridgeport Interact with a Heidenahain TNC 151 conversational control on it.

I have it connected to an older PC running windows XP

The cable is a RS232 serial cable by LINDY connected to a USB to RS232 adapter for pc.

I have been using CamBam to create drawings then Gcodes with a 151 post processor from another friendly person on the CamBam forums..

So a few questions please...

1. Can you tell me if im using the correct cable to allow communication and drip feed programs.

2. Can you recommend any good reliable tnc programs with easy set up and user instructions to allow me to set up and run/drip feed the codes.Also a good easy to use gcode simulator to visually check for errors etc.

3. Can you please advise if i have to insert any special characters at start and end of code when running the tnc program.

I am learning this as i go along and have been impressed with the amount of knowledge, people like yourselves have on these type of forums....so im hoping that someone can help me get mine running programs from my pc....

Many thanks

Bob

If the cable isn't wired correctly it's not going to talk to the machine firstly.

Bob
    I have an older BP interact with a heidehain 151b similar to yours
    Could you send me info on the cam bam &post processor soft ware?
    Btw I connected an older laptop unsuccessfully to mine -not sure if the cable is wired correctly - I found some wiring diagram info on ETSU.edu