584,817 active members*
4,810 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: Looking for honest opinions

Hey all,

I won't get into the discussion about the best way to convince a significant other that our machines are a good idea, although I am enjoying some of the creative arguments folks are putting forward!

I did want to set the record straight on Mach3 and Mach4 support at CNC Router Parts. While we don't offer direct support for Mach 4 yet, this software is compatible with our systems, which are based around the Ethernet Smoothstepper from Warp9 as others have noted. The main reason we have delayed adoption of Mach 4 is because the Torch Height Control plugin we use for plasma applications is still in the process of being ported. We expect this to be completed soon, and once it has been verified and tested, we will be providing profiles and support for our machines using Mach 4 for both routing and plasma cutting applications.

Our goal is to make this a significantly better software experience than Mach 3, both in terms of functionality and ease of installation. I know this community is eager for an alternative to Mach 3, and we are as well - we just want to make sure we're fully ready to support both new customers and those wishing to transition their existing systems to Mach 4.

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    Hey all,

I won't get into the discussion about the best way to convince a significant other that our machines are a good idea, although I am enjoying some of the creative arguments folks are putting forward!

I did want to set the record straight on Mach3 and Mach4 support at CNC Router Parts. While we don't offer direct support for Mach 4 yet, this software is compatible with our systems, which are based around the Ethernet Smoothstepper from Warp9 as others have noted. The main reason we have delayed adoption of Mach 4 is because the Torch Height Control plugin we use for plasma applications is still in the process of being ported. We expect this to be completed soon, and once it has been verified and tested, we will be providing profiles and support for our machines using Mach 4 for both routing and plasma cutting applications.

Our goal is to make this a significantly better software experience than Mach 3, both in terms of functionality and ease of installation. I know this community is eager for an alternative to Mach 3, and we are as well - we just want to make sure we're fully ready to support both new customers and those wishing to transition their existing systems to Mach 4.

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts
    That is great to hear!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    Hey all,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Ahren,

You may want to have a conversation with your sales team, specifically Dan. When I called recently and asked about Mach 4 working on the PRO 4848 I was told no, can only use Mach3 and was then referred to this forum for further research, feel free to call me, Dan has my contact information.

-Lee

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lee - I'm newer to CNC but I now have a CNCRP 4896 PRO with the CNCRP controller & Spindle and I'm just finishing up my vacuum table build. I started out with a used DIY machine that I paid $4000 for and it had horrible rigidity issues. I love my machine although I haven't done much with it yet what I have done has been great. I easily cut at 350ipm + without any issues.

I live in Northwestern PA about half way between Erie & Pittsburgh you are welcome to come take a look at mine. Shoot me a Private Message and we can work out a time. Google maps shows a little over 6hrs to get here which is a bit but your more than welcome to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-Wiant View Post
    Lee - I'm newer to CNC but I now have a CNCRP 4896 PRO with the CNCRP controller & Spindle and I'm just finishing up my vacuum table build. I started out with a used DIY machine that I paid $4000 for and it had horrible rigidity issues. I love my machine although I haven't done much with it yet what I have done has been great. I easily cut at 350ipm + without any issues.

I live in Northwestern PA about half way between Erie & Pittsburgh you are welcome to come take a look at mine. Shoot me a Private Message and we can work out a time. Google maps shows a little over 6hrs to get here which is a bit but your more than welcome to come.
    Will do.

-Lee

Here is my thread on converting from ESS / Mach3 to UC300ETH controller and UCCNC software. I have no regrets, but haven't used Mach4. UCCNC is a more modern interface and was easy to adapt to (vs Mach3). It wasn't a big deal, let me know if you have any questions.

Let me start by saying that Ahren has reached out to me via phone and without going into the specifics, it was a very encouraging call. I thank him for calling to clear up some of the confusion over the software. That he took the time to call directly says a lot about how the company is run and is quite reassuring.

Now, there are a couple of you that have offered to show off your machines. I will be getting in touch with you privately to see what we can work out, as soon as I figure out why Private messaging is turned off on my account. It's probably just a click of a button in the settings somewhere. I will get to you as soon as I can.

So a BIG thank you to all. As I have stated before I got burned once by getting a machine without researching it, I'll be damn if I will let that happen again!

Lastly, what a great group of people on this forum to be so forthcoming and candid in your responses. I especially liked the ones about breaking it to my wife, although she was not quite as amused!

Thanks Ahren. I am eagerly awaiting! Appreciate that you guys are participating here and appreciate the work that you are doing to move us all forward.

Tony

Ahren, I'd be very interested in switching over to Mach 4 as well.

Keep up the good work those of us not comfortable in figuring it out on our own are all waiting to convert.

Thanks again to everyone that replied. I know it's been awhile so here is a quick update, the short of the story is I ordered a different brand last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrfddc View Post
    Thanks again to everyone that replied. I know it's been awhile so here is a quick update, the short of the story is I ordered a different brand last week.

This thread is an interesting read, please don't leave us hanging, what did you go with and why?

I can confirm that Mach4 works perfectly with my CNCRP Pro 4896. I used it with a router initially but recently upgraded to the spindle. I also have a laser attached from Endurance Lasers. If you are interested in lasering, whether vector or raster, i HIGHLY suggest moving to Mach4. The difference between Mach4 on the ESS and any other control software is unbelievable.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mpoling View Post
    I can confirm that Mach4 works perfectly with my CNCRP Pro 4896. I used it with a router initially but recently upgraded to the spindle. I also have a laser attached from Endurance Lasers. If you are interested in lasering, whether vector or raster, i HIGHLY suggest moving to Mach4. The difference between Mach4 on the ESS and any other control software is unbelievable.
    Mike
    I don't currently have a laser,but it might be something for the future.I do have a growing amount of experience with LinuxCNC.I would be interested in learning a bit more about the aspects of Mach4 that would make it a better choice if I progress to a laser.

The difference between Mach4 on the ESS and any other control software is unbelievable
    What other software have you actually compared it too on your machine?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    What other software have you actually compared it too on your machine?
    I guess mach3 is the "any other control software".

Page 3 of 3 123