Hello all, I am looking to upgrade from my current CNC. Without sounding overly critical of it, basically the current machine has rigidity issues and is limited in working area. It wasn't cheap and I don't want to make another mistake buying something that won't live up to the propaganda around it.

After spending several months of online research (forums, manufacturers websites, youtube, etc.) I have begun reaching outto various manufacturers that seem to have machines that would be an upgrade from my current "hobbiest" model, one of those being CNCRP.

I spoke to Dan the other day and he was helpful, however he pointed me to this forum for additional information.

So what I am wondering is how do current owners feel about their machines, the good and the bad. As I stated above rigidity is a major concern for me, as my current machine has plastic uprights and plastic router mount.

Also how is Mach 3 doing? I understand that the producer is no longer supporting it, confirmed by Dan at CNCRP, and Mach 4 does not work with the CNCRP machines. I have no experience with Mach anything as my machine is pendant controlled. It is a little concerning to spend close to 10k for a machine with unsupported software. Maybe my concern is unsubstantiated, either way looking for some input.

Next question would be about backlash. Do you all experience an noticeable backlash in you maching?

And finally, Dan wasn't able to provide any references other then this forum. Before I go spending close to 10k, I would love to see a Pro machine in person. I understand most people would be hesitant to do so, but if there's anyone in the Northeast willing to demo their machine and chat for a little bit that would be awesome.

I just don't want to make a $10k mistake, I already made a $4k one.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post.

-Lee

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk