I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but I think this area is appropriate.

I get the Grizzly catalog in the mail (as a G0704 owner) and when paging through it noticed that they now offer three different mills that are quite a step up from their hobby grade and benchtop stuff. These mills being fully enclosed CNC machines, options include tool changer carousels and BT30 tooling, 10k spindles, reasonable work envelopes, Siemens controls, etc.. Quite serious machines. Keep in mind I have always seen my next logical step up to be a Tormach, maybe a Novakon. The parts I make aren't particularly large but I do look forward to greater rigidity.

The new Grizzly mid level machine, at 3350lbs (including enclosure, tool changer, etc.) is $26k, that includes the 8 tool carousel.

The larger machine is 4200 lbs (again with all extra items) is $30k, it has a 10 position tool changer and about the same work space as the Tormach 1100m.

With a 3hp 10k spindle, listed +/-.0006" repeat position, 400 ipm rapids, 6 second tool change, these machines are pretty damn impressive. At least on paper, they outperform the Tormach, and while there is a price to pay, is still pretty low. When I priced out a fully setup 1100m, being 2hp and 7500 rpm, R8 spindle (with TTS, not a huge fan of it long term), it comes to $21.5k. Keep in mind the Tormach is only good for 110ipm according to their documentation. For any real production work the Grizzly machines would eat it alive assuming it perform as advertised.

It's probably too early to hear any feedback, these machines aren't even listed on their website yet, but they are intriguing.

Pages 638-640 shows you the goods.

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/catalog/2019...atalog_Web.pdf

Screen shot of the mid level machine.