584,805 active members*
5,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Dahlgren System 300 serial pinouts

Dahlgren System 300 serial pinouts

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and I am an chemical engineer that thinks out of the box, also I am a hobbyist that likes to thinker with machines.
    So here is the problem I have a Dahlgren System 300 CNC engraver but I am trying to convert it to run with a Raspberry Pi, see link https://www.buyapi.ca/product/raspberry-pi-cnc-kit/ well okay looks like ti will work great just need a small schematic of the pinouts of the Dahlgren Systen 300 serial connections.

Anyone know of this machine or might have a schematic of the electronics.

Thanks

Tim

Hamilton, Ontario

Canada

Re: Dahlgren System 300 serial pinouts

We have one of those at our lab, and we are also doing a conversion. So, the Z-stroke is pins 8 and 9, there is a solenoid on the other side, so it does not matter how to control it. It seems to be a 12 V control. The X and Y axes have the same pin out, the steppers are 6 pole, so I suppose you only use the 4 of them. Their pin out is so that the other coils are green-to-white-to-blue and other one is brown-black-red. So, you only connect the green to blue and brown to red, if using it 4-pole. These are in the 9-pin d-sub so that blue is 2, green 3, brown 4, red 5, white 6, black 7. 1, 8 and 9 are not connected. So, on your driver, the other coil goes to 2 and 3, and other one to 4 and 5, if my notes are correct.

I haven't got yet to the round connector. Any ideas what it might be?

Also, because of the modernization, we have 2 extra control computers, some spare cards, and an older PC with the software we don't use anymore.

Re: Dahlgren System 300 serial pinouts

Quote Originally Posted by mleppanen View Post
    Also, because of the modernization, we have 2 extra control computers, some spare cards, and an older PC with the software we don't use anymore.
    Good Day, Do you still have the controller and computer cards? Where are the controllers and how much are you asking for them?

I run the Dahlgren System 300's daily using AutoCAD 2015 to Dahlgren's CadMark program that interprets AutoCAD 10 DXF files into machine movements. We never used their SuperPro software. Been using one machine daily since I bought my first System 300 in 1989. That machine runs every business day like a champ. Built with QUALITY parts and beefiness.

I have 3) System 300, 1) System 100, 1) Precix 48" x 52" x 6" Z table, an old Universal Laser machine and a vinyl cutting machine.

I could use a backup controller and computer cards if they were the right price and close enough to go get them.

Wayne
    Aircraft Engravers
    engravers.net

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCahoona View Post
    Good Day, Do you still have the controller and computer cards? Where are the controllers and how much are you asking for them?
    Hello and sorry for the late reply. The parts are now in Finland, but a friend of mine is flying home to NC, USA next week. He could bring the cards with him, if NC is ok for you. Hard to say what would be a fair price for them. Make an offer perhaps?

Br,
    Marko