584,837 active members*
5,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNCEST 6040 CNC Comissioning

I am hoping there are some experienced users here who can advise or direct me to advice on commissioning my new 6040 CNC. As seems to be commonly reported, these machines often come with no support, manuals, discs, etc. That is the case for mine. Just the machine and that's it.

Built a bench for it, hooked it all up and it will not respond either manual or PC control? I'm not even sure where to begin here.

On the manual side, maybe some settings that are not correct on the controller?

On the PC side, I have Mach 3 Demo installed and will purchase full version once this thing is up and running. Running on an old PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. The controller only has a USB port. I do see other ones that are Parallel only, but this one is not one of those.
    Here are some pictures to give some indication of what I have:

Re: CNCEST 6040 CNC Comissioning

My machine is the parallel port version . I uploaded the manual to a facebook group called cnc 6040 tricks and tips. It's too big of a file to load here.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMKenny View Post
    My machine is the parallel port version . I uploaded the manual to a facebook group called cnc 6040 tricks and tips. It's too big of a file to load here.
    Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeslie View Post
    I am hoping there are some experienced users here who can advise or direct me to advice on commissioning my new 6040 CNC. As seems to be commonly reported, these machines often come with no support, manuals, discs, etc. That is the case for mine. Just the machine and that's it.

Built a bench for it, hooked it all up and it will not respond either manual or PC control? I'm not even sure where to begin here.

On the manual side, maybe some settings that are not correct on the controller?

On the PC side, I have Mach 3 Demo installed and will purchase full version once this thing is up and running. Running on an old PC with Windows 7 Home Premium. The controller only has a USB port. I do see other ones that are Parallel only, but this one is not one of those.
    Here are some pictures to give some indication of what I have:

John, Did you see my other post here?
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/chine...oftware-2.html

You *have* to identify your motion card and then look for the 'plugin' to copy into your Mach3/plugin folder.
    I don't that machine so can't be more specific.

Sterob, Thank you for the response. I may need some plugin or driver to get the computer talking with the 6040, but I do not seem to even get manual control.

You need the plugin to drive the machine manually as well.

John,
    If this is your Motion Card:
    Attachment 410712

You will have to open your case ( and void the warrenty, if that matters.... ) to make sure.

Try this link:
    https://artofcircuits.com/product/4-...card-for-mach3

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeslie View Post
    Do you have a link?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/898580550253085/ The manual should give you basic motor tuning values to program into mach3. It will not cover the USB side of it though. Maybe ask on there also. Between this group and that group, I solved my cnc issues.