585,956 active members*
4,530 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > Mach 3 quit reading machine end stops.

Mach 3 quit reading machine end stops.

I did something, but I don't know what. Yesterday when I was messing with my Pro2448 all was well. If I hit an end stop Mach 3 read it and stopped travel as it should. Today, not so well. I'm setting machine zero and when I go to and end stop, the light on the sensor lights up as it should but Mach 3 ignores it. Obviously I changed something someplace but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Re: Mach 3 quit reading machine end stops.

In Config, check the Ports and Pins/Input signals dialog. There are settings for home switches on each axis there. If they aren't enabled, enable them. Try changing one from Low Active, or to it if that's already checked, and test to see if anything changed.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Unless you changed those pins in a setting somehow I would not mess with. It was really cold in the shop this morning and I had a fault with the ESS controller did not boot up or something. I let it set for a while and reset and tried again all was fine. Maybe the machine being too cold made it fault out??
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Try this. Go to the settings tab in mach 3, in the column for special functions make sure the button to over ride the limits is not checked. I had that happen and that was the problem for me.

Strange. Today it all works. Not sure what I did to fix it but I guess that's OK, I,m not sure what I did to break it. When it broke nothing (that I know of) was changed. I hadn't even been in any of the config or setup screens. In fact, all I did (that I know of) was load a new profile. I did try a few things to fix it yesterday (checking that all the sensors were being read by Mach, messing with the settings in the setup tab) but nothing seemed to work. I hate when this happens. By the way, the auto Z didn't work either, even though Mach was reporting all of the sensors working. Thanks for the input.

You might like to check the actual connections into whatever BoB you are using as well.

Cheers
    Roger