585,975 active members*
4,614 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Tormach PathPilot™ > Is there a way to turn off USB I/O after M30, Estop, Reset?

Is there a way to turn off USB I/O after M30, Estop, Reset?

I have intermittent air blast mapped to USB I/O relay 3. I can control it on/off with the buttons in the PathPilot GUI.
    I can also update my Post file in Fusion to generate the appropriate USB I/O on/off commands to turn it on/off with my job.
    However, when I press "reset" or the Estop button, that code doesn't get executed.

I imagine I can write a LinuxCNC process plugin that checks wehther status is idle/reset, and if so, turns off the USB I/O solenoid.

But is there a better way to do this, with less changes to PathPilot? I'd prefer to keep PathPilot code untouched if possible.

Re: Is there a way to turn off USB I/O after M30, Estop, Reset?

From preliminary testing the Zbot SmartCool appears to work as you would like regarding RESET (and probably G30 and eStop). No PP changes are required if you reprogram your USBIO to a Schnozz. Of course then you only get to control one relay.

[code]No PP changes are required if you reprogram your USBIO to a Schnozz[/quote]

I already have flood cooling and a full enclosure using the regular Mesa integration, I don't want to lose that. From what I can tell, the Schnozz takes over the M8 flood coolant signal, too?

There is too much very wet snow to get to my Tormach right now!

I don't think the SmartCool prevents the use of M8 as previously implemented. It adds additional functionality to the M8 (Wiggle mode, Tool Tip mode, etc) but I believe that M8 still works as expected if issued without parameters.

As a very quick test M8/M9 via the MDI on my test box turns the Coolant button in the PP screen On/Off when my clone SmartCool is connected. Pin 14 in the control cable is also toggled so things look good for your application.