584,830 active members*
5,630 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Post Processors > Making the same part in G54, G55 ect on a Milltronics

Making the same part in G54, G55 ect on a Milltronics

V30 .Have a part drawn and want to duplicate it in my second vise as a G55 location. Can someone explain what needs to be done in BC? And not have it pull the tools twice.

Milltronics machine

Re: Making the same part in G54, G55 ect on a Milltronics

Hi, not sure just how much you know here so sorry in advance if I am going over stuff you already know.

You can duplicate your toolpath to anywhere on your table by using the "Toolpath Pattern" by selecting your Feature, Right Clicking and selecting the "Toolpath Pattern" option from the drop down list, see image below.

To have the same tool do both setups without changing go to "Milling Job" > Right Click and choose "Machining Order" from the list, there you can select how you wish the two parts to be machined, see image below.

So if you want a tool to do the G54 part and then move and do the same cut on the G55 part before going to the next tool then you would choose one of the "Individual Tool" options, have a play around with those options and see what`s best for your requirements

The images are from V28 but the method is the same in V31 so I would expect it to be the same in V30.

Hope that is what you are looking for

Regards
    Rob

Rob,
    Thanks, your second option seems to do the trick.

You are welcome, glad it worked for you

Regrads
    Rob