585,973 active members*
4,248 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Help Drawing Guitar neck

Help Drawing Guitar neck

Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with a guitar neck drawing. I've attached 2 images to help illustrate what I'm working on. The area I need help with is where the cylinder section meets the headstock. I need to blend these two sections together in a pleasing way.

I've tried surface to surface fillet and solid fillet, but both of these fail. What strategy would you guys try?

BTW, I'm using V29 mill standard

Thanks!
    Bob

Re: Help Drawing Guitar neck

I would have a full cylinder. the headstock shape would be a block extruded fully out in both directions.

Boolean the cyl and headstock pieces. Then fillet the connecton, then cut the flats back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan963 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with a guitar neck drawing. I've attached 2 images to help illustrate what I'm working on. The area I need help with is where the cylinder section meets the headstock. I need to blend these two sections together in a pleasing way.

I've tried surface to surface fillet and solid fillet, but both of these fail. What strategy would you guys try?

Thanks!
    Bob
    The way I did this using SKIN a little work though I put the PRS angle 7 deg. not sure what Paul uses for angle.

Had to use some work plane surfaces to get the geom correct but is doable with good old BOB.

BurrMan may have a simpler way he's very good at this stuff.

Good Luck
    RAF

Search the Forums,been many threads on this forum and others

[QUOTE=soxfan963;2255408]Hey everyone,

Thanks!
    Bob[/QUOT

Might try Revolve a donut at the transition point and then subtract. Some of my Guitars have something like that but I prefer the skin method

RAF

[QUOTE=RAF.;2255684]
    Quote Originally Posted by soxfan963 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thanks!
    Bob[/QUOT

Might try Revolve a donut at the transition point and then subtract. Some of my Guitars have something like that but I prefer the skin method

RAF
    Skin work picures

[QUOTE=RAF.;2256056]
    Quote Originally Posted by RAF. View Post

Skin work picures
    I would suggest this as the best way in BobCad. It has limited blending options.

Although patchwork is a more advanced method, it is the best way in BobCad.