584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Engraving / Art Design Software > Jewelry Design Software > Which CNC machine and software for making jewellery?

Which CNC machine and software for making jewellery?

Hello, I'm new to CNC milling and I would like to purchase a CNC machine for jewellery production. I'm interested in 4 axis machine. Budget up to 2000 euro approximately. Which one would you recommend for making wax models (which later would be used in gold and silver casting machine)? Where can I buy this machine (Europe)?
    Also I would like to know which software is best for designing jewellery?

Re: Which CNC machine and software for making jewellery?

That's about enough money for a Sherline CNC mill, which comes, optionally, with a 4th axis attachment. Shipment from the US might push it over your budget, though.

As for the software, it really depends on what sort of jewelry you're designing, and what features you need to make your models effectively.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I work at the university at the international student support center, and someone suggested organizing a jewelry making class, just a few sessions.

By the way, at our international student support center, we organize different workshops for international students. We noticed that those workshops help them to improve their communication skills and feel more welcome in our country. They find new friends, discover new hobbies, and feel less homesick. As I mentioned before, someone suggested organizing a jewelry making class, just a few sessions. I have no idea if it is even possible. Do we need to buy or rent any machines or equipment for that? Is it possible to do something like this for a group of 10-15 people? We want to make something like this https://www.chvker.com/collections/butterfly-jewelry Is it possible for beginners, or we need to look for something more simple?
    Last edited by dianapowell; 12-02-2020 at 12:09 PM.