585,743 active members*
5,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > ANOTHER Bridgeport Mill conversion ( Build )
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Most of the motors that where on these machines did not have mounting plates they where direct mounted
    mactec54 - Sorry, “mounting plate” was the wrong term on my part...I meant using the base plate from the stepper after disassembly.

Joe - Saw the larger motor in your video....seems like a logical choice.

Todd

Re: ANOTHER Bridgeport Mill conversion ( Build )

well, just couldn't help myself.. i battled sleet snow and ice today... and would up with another boss mill... complete with mist unit, flood pump and tank and a good amount of taper 30 tooling...

Ahhh, another project Funny how that just happens sometimes.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

So,,, one turned into four.... Finally broke down and bought a pallet jack.. used of course.. then had to repair it ..Spent the past 2 weeks making pallets for 3 of the 4 CNC bridgeports. busted my ass moving all my machines around in the shop. Even with the pallet jack its rough pushing these around by yourself ( i was using pipes ) agonized over what machines i could let go and put a bunch of wood working stuff on CL. So, now i have 3 of them where i want them and where i can work on them.. Left them on the pallets so i can easily pull them away from the wall to work on the electronics.. I may tweak them some as well.. possibly angle them a bit.. Now its time to order more parts.. need some circuit breakers, contactors etc to proceed on the controls

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Mactec, Todd, i ended up purchasing nema 42 servos with the correct mounting pattern and shaft size .. this will be a " direct fit " replacement. I just needed to get the project moving.. i previously purchased nema 34's for this machine so i will save them for the next build... at least i can use the boss to cut the adapters !!

Joe
    What servos did you get that are direct fit? I have 2 boss 5 machines. I have the first converted with the original steppers and would like to eventually convert the other with servos.

Quote Originally Posted by amishmafia00 View Post
    What servos did you get that are direct fit? I have 2 boss 5 machines. I have the first converted with the original steppers and would like to eventually convert the other with servos.
    DMM 750W AC Servos DMM | AC SERVO DRIVE | AC SERVO MOTOR | ROTARY ENCODER
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by amishmafia00 View Post

DMM Tech has em...

Ok Gang, its been awhile... have been working on the Rigid Ram for the most part.. have the old electronics stripped out.. the machine cleaned, the oilers replaced and the control cabined blasted and powder coated.. have it re-mounted and now starting to work on the electronics

color matches pretty good ! lol now ill start mounting the electronics !!! Centroid Acorn stay tuned

here is the gear.. waiting on my VFD but i will be mounting the rest while i wait !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201216_165714.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 123