585,589 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ: Enclosure (Waterjet/Laser, brake, PEM fasteners)

Hello,

Looking to prototype an enclosure, 10" x 10" x 6".

I will add further details here as questions are asked.

Material is .090 Aluminum, 5052.
    Bottom utilizes #10 PEM fasteners (Rivnuts may be acceptable, PEM preferred).
    Raw finish.
    Modeled in Inventor 2019.
    STEP/IGES/etc. available upon request.

Initially looking for 2-5 units. Assuming satisfaction, a run of 100 units .

Thanks!
    Justin

Re: RFQ: Enclosure (Waterjet/Laser, brake, PEM fasteners)

Qty 100 just like those other parts we made a deal on and I started ordering tooling and material for that you just stopped responding to me about after we confirmed a price.

Whoever takes this be warned of this guy he may try to pull a fast one.

You were given no approval to start anything. You were very accommodating about a fast timeline, and took it upon yourself to order tooling without a contract or even verbal approval. I have no beef with you, and I am sorry you have one with me. Go check your messages from that RFQ. I promise you don't have one saying to go ahead. You'll know when to begin my job. You will get a message from me to the tune of 'We have a deal, proceed. Deposit funds have been sent.'

Sorry I couldn't make that deal happen. Again, +1 to you for being an upstanding guy willing to fork out your own money to be in a position to pull off the timeline demanded of the job. I often do the same for my clients and it is a gamble. Just don't bust my balls over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ibkickinit View Post
    You were given no approval to start anything. You were very accommodating about a fast timeline, and took it upon yourself to order tooling without a contract or even verbal approval. I have no beef with you, and I am sorry you have one with me. Go check your messages from that RFQ. I promise you don't have one saying to go ahead. You'll know when to begin my job. You will get a message from me to the tune of 'We have a deal, proceed. Deposit funds have been sent.'

Sorry I couldn't make that deal happen. Again, +1 to you for being an upstanding guy willing to fork out your own money to be in a position to pull off the timeline demanded of the job. I often do the same for my clients and it is a gamble. Just don't bust my balls over it.
    I appreciate you responding because that’s all I was asking before for you to let me know that you did not want the parts.

As far as confirmation I spoke to you on the phone we agreed on the price and you said send the quote I want the parts made. I’m sorry I take somebody’s word seriously. All in all I believe we had some misunderstanding. But really I t’s no big deal material was returned and tooling will eventually get used.