584,863 active members*
5,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine 100W

I just bought this laser cutter/engraver from amazon, I followed the advice of some other people and before doing nothing I created a dedicated ground for the laser that provides a escape of less than 5 ohms and I aligned the mirrors. I have some questions about other issues:

- the cooling system is basically an aquarium water pump and a bucket of water... I have the feeling that this will not be enough, could I get some suggestions about industrial chillers? I was thinking in the CW 5000 DG
    - it comes with some drivers in a CD, but I heard that there are some generic drivers to control general laser engravers and cutters, could someone confirm that and let me know where to download them and some directions on how to install them an set them up?
    - Any other suggestions besides this issues that I asked?

Thank you!!!
    Last edited by theonewhoknocks; 01-29-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Re: Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine 100W

I am very happy with my CW 5000 on my 130 watt laser. You could try lightburn as a control software.

thanks for the info!

Re: Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine 100W

I have CW-5000 from S&A (original one). It is working great with 80W machine. Be sure you use proper one, as they have few different models od CW-5000 - voltage, frequency, water flow and usage matters! (110/230V 10/13/16lpm laser/CNC_spindle etc. - details for example in table in the middle of the page here: https://www.teyuchiller.com/water-ch...y-800w_p7.html ).
    Polish @ Éire

abyss, thank you for the info!
    I think mine would be the cw-5000dg. The thing about my laser cutter is that it comes with a water pump and no more data about the laser. I only know it is a 100 W laser (I even still have my questions about this) so I don't know if the refrigerant charge is going to be enough (I hope so). I talked with the seller and, of course, they say an aquarium water pump is enough, which I think it is irresponsible. The have nothing to loose saying these things.
    Thanks again for your help!
    Last edited by theonewhoknocks; 02-01-2019 at 07:19 PM.