584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EnRoute > How to estimate run time

How to estimate run time

Looking for a way in EnRoute 5.0 to get a estimated run time of a program. Looked around on the web for how to get that info, but haven't found anything. I'm assuming Enroute has that ability though? Hoping someone here can inform me how to get an estimated run time. Thanks!

Re: How to estimate run time

Enroute can give an estimated run time, but I've found that it isn't very accurate, and depending on the type of tool paths used and the machine's capabilities can be wildly inaccurate.

To get it click on the "Machining" pull down menu at the top of the screen, then click "Statistics". Doing this will generate a basic xml file and open it with Windows Explorer (it's just some text and a couple of tables) with some machining information and run time info. But be warned those run times do not take into account the machine's acceleration speed at all, but to try to make up for it it adds a fudge factor to the calculation (which I have not figured out how to adjust). For simple files with straight line cuts it may not be horrible, but for slow machines or files with lots of intricate moves (such as carving a relief) the estimate is often almost useless.

I've had much better luck using NCPlot to get run time estimates of the G-code files after outputting them from Enroute.

Re: How to estimate run time

Thanks Todd. I found we have a piece of software called "Job Previewer" and in exploring it's settings, I was able to adjust the slew speed to match our machine and now I can get quite accurate run times from that.