585,959 active members*
4,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Centurion 6 Tool Changer

Centurion 6 Tool Changer

I have a Milltronics Centurion 6 lathe with a manual tool changer. I was having repeatability issues after indexing the tool holder. I made a double boring bar so that I could turn and bore without indexing and added a holder on the back side of the chuck with a grooving tool. Everything is working great but was wondering if anyone would know of a way that I could run all 3 tools without having to press the tool change and cycle start buttons. Thanks

Re: Centurion 6 Tool Changer

If you are using g-code and not the conversational programming you could use NC Plot (great tool) to shift all the X and Z coordinates for the second and third tools in you g-code file. You would then be using just one tool in this case. NC Plot has a forum here on CNCzone. The advantage with NC Plot is that you visually see everything that is happening in the code with this tool, avoiding any chance of a crash.

OR

You may be able to do the same thing in conversational programming by calling up a different G55 and G56 that offsets the difference between the your actual tools. But again really only using one tool number in your program.

but

If you tell the control you have a phantom rotary tool changer on the machine it will stop when the tool changer macro looks for the signals it normally gets from the sensors. So I do not think this option will work that easily.

Cheers

Re: Centurion 6 Tool Changer

get a Lathe with a turret, and then the control will not ask you to "press the cycle start button until you call out a tool # greater than the # of pockets in the turret. It is a "manual" tool change thing, how else will it know "you have changed tools and the off sets are "correct" It is just asking you to verify,

This is the "bane" of all machinists that do not have a "tool changer"

sportybob