585,902 active members*
4,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > 02 Hawk 40 start position issue

02 Hawk 40 start position issue

Please help, my Hawk 40 has developed a problem. It sometimes starts machining from the wrong position. This is using programs that worked before. On one of the programs, there are 3 blocks which were copied but with different cutters and for some reason one them started in the wrong place. It also had a cutter path that shouldn't be there. I deleted the block and re copied one of the others changing the cutter and the odd cutter path went away and the machine started in the correct place. It has also started from the wrong place when milling 6 circles on a pcd. They ended up offset rotationally anti clockwise by around 1mm approx. It did this half way through a batch. I re wrote the program (been in machine for around 15 years) and it milled them in the correct place. The Hurco dealers have no idea what the issue is.

Re: 02 Hawk 40 start position issue

Hello
    I have 3 Hawk 5s and ran into a similar problem recently.
    Check your G54, G55 fixture offsets in the program and what is stored in the control.
    I had a G54 set in the machine and my program had a G55 in it.
    Naturally it went to the wrong postion because the G55 was not set correctly.

RCGOHIO