584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Mills > EMCO Concept 55 PLC integration help

EMCO Concept 55 PLC integration help

Hello! I'm new to the site and I need some help.

I have a Concept Mill 55 being run from a Fanuc 21 and PC. I'm currently in a school project to integrate it with some PLC that we have. The Mill has the robotics I/O interface installed. I understand the interface, and WinNC pretty well, but I'm having issues setting up the programming to get the input and output signals into my programs, I've tried a lot of things and am running out of ideas. Does anyone have experience and can help me with this? I'm stuck on a few things specifically;

It mentions a "special program" an I/O debugger pops up, and that's all I can find, is that what I'm looking for? If so, how do I use it? What are the "addresses" I can define?

How do I reference these inputs and outputs as logic variables?

I've been kind of on my own here, thanks in advance for the help.

What do you want to achieve? Very curious. For as far as I know the only thing you can do from outside is feedhold.

What I like to do is integrate a probe but a few things I'm missing (on SIemens) is making a piece of code run when a input is triggered and thenn save the current axis position. Have not found such thing.

Maybe you have more luck