584,846 active members*
4,361 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DECKEL 100V Gear at wrong position.

Hello colleagues ! I have some problem with my DECKEL 100 V CNC Milling machine. While I manipulate the axis manually, machine can stop and error appears - GEAR AT WRONG POSITION. Also It can appears while the machine do nothing. In the program running mode it never happen. I can not find this failure in users manual.
    What does it means? Where I need to search the problem? Does anybody know?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190201_153634.jpg  

Re: DECKEL 100V Gear at wrong position.

Not sure I can help but can give you some generic info. First I want to say that Deckel you have (like most Deckels) is a pretty cool looking machine.

Ignore this if you don't have a two or three speed geared head, or any gearboxes on your machine.

I'm thinking that a sensor or position switch that verifys a successful gear change (possibly labeled CS1) located on or around the gearbox, has gone slightly out of adjustment or has a loose wire causing it to become intermittent.

Re: DECKEL 100V backup

Hi everyone

I need all machine backup deckel maho DMC 100v.

Email: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected]

Bump. Got the same alarm on my DMU70evo, 2003. It doesn't have any gears, so does anyone know what its referring to?

Hi,
    The spindle on your machine has a star delta changeover contactor (You will notice two large contactors at the bottom left the simodrive units in your electrical panel). One contactor is on from 0-4700 RPM, and then second from 4700-18000 RPM. If the machine sees that the programmed contactor position and the actual feedback coming from these does not match, you will get a "Gear at wrong position" error

I suggest switch off your machine, switch off external power to the machine. Wait for 10 minutes. Then manually press both contactors (they have can be pressed manually using a small screw driver or pen or something, by pushing at the center) about 10-15 times. This should free them from any stickyness and the machine should work ok again.

You might see the error when you switch on again, but ignore and press the machine on button.

Best of luck!
    Jaideep

Thanks Jaideep. After cleaning all the contactors the alarm finally cleared. It didn't clear right away which is funny, but we got there anyway.

Good! Best of luck!