Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
I've been back on CAM milling projects lately and having very problems with those on admittedly simple projects. I really wish that SC had a facility for saving the revised parameters for a machine definition so that they could be reloaded any time one chose. I'd like to have default settings for the Tool Library, G30 coordinates and a few other features. As it is now, every time I switch from one machine to another, I have to remember to change those values and its very annoying since one expects the computer or program to minimize work rather than create extra work.

I should probably follow your approach and just save default projects that incorporate the setup as I want it. Unfortunately, I spend so much time fighting with SC and trying to get it do what I want than the desire to deal with that is gone once I finally get a project to work.
I believe if you go to the actual files, of the machines they are all in xml and you can edit with notepad or something else, and their are ways to change some of the values that you can simply read, and that should work, not sure if I posted that some place here in the past or not.