585,737 active members*
4,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OMNI 1325 setup

I'm setting up an OMNI 1325 with linear tool change and Syntec controller. I hope to call on the experience of others that have setup OMNI's to help me set this machine up.

First few questions:

1) What air compressor spec is recommended for the spindle?

2) I have two vac motors, both rated at 4.3kw. The controller has 1 x vac motor output and 1 x dust extractor output, I plan to use the dust extractor output for the vac motor. The contactor is rated at 12a/ 5.5kw @ 400V so it's adequate for the job. In terms of switching, is there a dust extractor switch on the syntec controller?

3) Has anyone implemented a touch pad for setting Z on a workpiece?

4) There is a a large chrome L shaped pipe that fixed on to the end of the gantry with a bracket, nothing to fix on the other end. Is this purely to keep the dust hose out of the way of the spindle enclosure?

Thanks

Jess
    cuttingedgecnc.co.uk
    [email protected]

Re: OMNI 1325 setup

I would recommend pictures to help everyone visualize your machine and what you are talking about.

Your machine Manufacturer should have configured the various outputs you needed... otherwise it's a very complex process to configure the control system.

hi Jess, hope you have solve this question ,omni back to holiday recently. Kindly contact with me or Albert ,Albert<[email protected]>;

Attachment 412410Attachment 412412

There are three pressure requirements for the tool release (7 bar), tool locking (7 bar) and cone cleaning (5 bar). There is no reference to air consumption. I have attached pics of the model number, I can't find any user manual for the spindle. Any help with CFM for the spindle or a source for the user manual would be appreciated.
    cuttingedgecnc.co.uk
    [email protected]

Cnc work need air pressure reach 0.6Mpa behind cnc, then spindle pick or loose tool chuck ,

The tool height sensor on my machine is faulty. I have asked OMNI for a replacement. Not sure if others have had a problem with this wireless probe? I took it apart to investigate and there is a very thin probe connecting to the underneath of the touch plate. This was loose and so only making contact intermittently. I thought I had secured the probe, but the fault recurred. The fault caused the Z slide to crash. I'm concerned the crash could cause a pulley to slip in the drive train, anyone investigated the Z slide drive, is this belt /rack and pinion or lead screw? Is it likely the servo motor would slip before the drive elements?
    cuttingedgecnc.co.uk
    [email protected]